Major benefits of weight loss surgery with Dr. Scott Cunneen
Dr. Scott Cunneen, the director of bariatric surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and author of the new book called WEIGHTY ISSUES: Getting the Skinny on Weight Loss Surgery joins the show.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Scott Cunneen discuss the following:
- Weight loss surgery seems to be getting a bad rap these days. Why is that?
- How risky is the surgery, really?
- Isn’t having weight loss surgery taking the easy way out?
- What are the major benefits of weight loss surgery?
- What prompted you to write this book?
- What do you want readers to walk away with after reading this book?
Scott A. Cunneen, MD, FACS, is Director of Bariatric Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame, a master's degree in physiology from Georgetown University and a master's degree in human nutrition from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University, where he was awarded membership in the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. A Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgeons, Dr. Cunneen is often called upon to teach laparascopic procedures throughout the US and abroad.