Leading causes of hospital readmissions
with Lily Sarafan
Lily Sarafan is the co-author of three books on aging and healthy longevity and President of Home Care Assistance joins the show.
- What is one of the leading causes of hospital readmissions or slow post-hospitalization recovery?
- How does in-home care help reduce avoidable hospital readmissions?
- What are a few helpful tips for families planning for a hospital discharge?
- What is the difference between a skilled nursing facility and in-home care? Which is the more effective option for post-hospitalization care and recovery?
- I noticed that Home Care Assistance has an exclusive Balanced Care Method training program for caregivers. What is the Balanced Care Method and how does it help improve a patient's recovery?
Lily Sarafan is a leading advocate on senior care, healthy longevity and aging in place. She passionately drives and advances the mission of changing the way the world ages. As President of Home Care Assistance, Lily has led the Company's expansion across North America and oversees day-to-day operations including identity and strategy, special initiatives, expansion and business development. Lily has been featured by over 100 media outlets ranging from ABC to Smart Money to Forbes. She is also co-author of Happy to 102: The Best Kept Secrets to a Long and Happy Life (June 2009), The Handbook on Live-in Care: A Guide for Caregivers (August 2011), From Hospital to Home Care: A Step-by-Step Guide to Providing Care for Patients Post-Hospitalization (January 2012). Lily received Masters (Management Science and Engineering) and Bachelors degrees from Stanford University.