Dean Butler, Coaching Manager at Ginger Sport joins eHealth Radio and the Children's Health and Health News Channels, who is here with us to talk about why soccer is such a great sport for little kids. Ginger Sport provides fun soccer sessions to thousands of kids every week across Queensland, Australia.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dean Butler discuss the following:
- Choosing an activity for your kids can be overwhelming. Why do you think soccer is such a great sport for little ones to start out with?
- Physical fitness is an obvious benefit, but can you tell us a little more about the effects of sport on the emotional wellbeing of our kids?
- Some sports are traditionally thought of as boys only or girls only. What is it, do you think, that makes soccer so great for both boys and girls?
- What do you think is the most rewarding thing about coaching little kids?
- We’ve all heard the saying, you shouldn’t work with children and animals! But what’s the funniest or most embarrassing thing a child has said or done at a session?
- Finally, have you got any tips for our listeners on how to keep kids enthusiastic about sports?
Ginger Sport is a kids’ soccer business based in Queensland, Australia. We are passionate about improving the physical and emotional wellbeing of children, via our unique brand of fun and energetic soccer for kids.
We believe that sport is for every child and every ability. We provide soccer sessions that encourage children to participate, have fun, and above all let their abilities shine. We want all children to experience the feeling of inclusion you get from playing in a team and working together towards a common goal.
Established in 2009, thousands of children play soccer with Ginger Sport each and every week.