Dr. Salvatore Alesci, Vice President for Scientific and Regulatory Affairs at PhRMA, and one of the leaders of the I’m In Campaign which is raising awareness about the importance of diversity in clinical trial participants joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Salvatore Alesci discuss the following:
- What are clinical trials? Why are they important?
- Why is increasing diversity in clinical trials a priority to PhRMA/the industry?
- Why is there currently a lack of diversity in clinical trials?
- What is the I’m In campaign?
- How does participation in a clinical trial benefit the patient?
Salvatore (“Salvo”) Alesci, M.D., Ph.D., Vice President of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs at PhRMA, which represents the country’s leading biopharmaceutical researchers and biotechnology companies. Since joining the organization in December 2011, Dr. Alesci has lead PhRMA’s science advocacy engagement efforts, serving as key source of expert input on science and medicine policy issues. He also serves as internal scientific advisor to the PhRMA Foundation.
Dr. Alesci brings to PhRMA over ten years of combined academia/government/industry experience, in biomedical research and drug development.