Tuesday Feb 22, 2022
How New Parents and Babies Can Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Dr. William Sears, who has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for over 50 years joins eHealth Radio and the Sleep Health and Parenting Channels. The author of dozens of books to help parents including the popular The Baby Book, Dr. Sears helped develop the Arm’s Reach® Co-Sleeper® Bassinet, a crib-like bed that fits safely and snuggly adjacent to the parent’s bed.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. William Sears discuss the following:
- You use the term “nighttime parenting,” and I like that term. You have nighttime-parented eight children and been advising parents in your pediatric practice for over fifty years. Tell us about your experience with nighttime parenting.
- So, is sleeping through the night a myth?
- Tell us more about the sleep-brain connection.
- So, good infant sleep is a good long-term investment?
- Tell us about this research about where babies should sleep.
- Is this how the term “co-sleeping” got so popular?
- I like the term you mention a lot – “safe infant sleep.” Are there any bedding products that help support safe sleep for baby and provides a nighttime parenting environment that promotes good sleep for mother and development for baby?
Dr. Sears, or Dr. Bill as his “little patients” call him, has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for over 50 years. He received his medical training at Harvard Medical School’s Children’s Hospital in Boston and The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, the world’s largest children’s hospital, where he was associate ward chief of the newborn intensive care unit before serving as the chief of pediatrics at Toronto Western Hospital, a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. He has served as a professor of pediatrics at the University of Toronto, University of South Carolina, University of Southern California School of Medicine, and University of California: Irvine.
As a father of 8 children, he coached Little League sports for 20 years, and together with his wife Martha has written more than 40 best-selling books and countless articles on nutrition, parenting, and healthy aging. He serves as a health consultant for magazines, TV, radio and other media, and his AskDrSears website (www.askdrsears.com) is one of the most popular health and parenting sites. Dr. Sears has appeared on over 100 television programs, including 20/20, Good Morning America, Oprah, Today, The View, and Dr. Phil, and was featured on the cover of TIME Magazine in May 2012. He is noted for his science-made-simple-and-fun approach to family health.
Websites: https://armsreach.com | https://askdrsears.com
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.