Wednesday Jan 27, 2016
Helping Your College Student Through the Transition from Adolescents to Adulthood
Dr. William Courter, the Founder of the Boomer Health Institute, the author of The Boomer Survivor Kit (An Indispensable Guide for Yourself * Your Relationships * Your Life) and the author of A Father’s Letters joins eHealth Radio and the Family and Relationships Channels. He has been the associate director of a large health-care agency and he is still a national consultant of difficult cases, helping shape the care for of thousands of patients per year.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. William Courter discuss the following:
- What led you to write your new book, A Father’s Letters (with subtitle “To His College Daughters)?
- The critics described your approach as “counter cultural form of parenting” … could you explain why they drew that conclusion?
- What did you recommend to your daughters for that transition through college?
- Do you have any other recommendations for parents of college students?
- Did you think your approach worked with your children? And do you think the same approach would work for other students?
- How does this topic relate to improving the parent's health? And how does this topic relate to improving the student's health?
William Courter, MD, earned degrees from Williams College, New York Medical College, and the University of Southern California. A board certified physician in psychiatry and neurology, he has served as associate medical director of a large health-care agency, and he has served as a national consultant for difficult medical, psychiatric, and substance abuse cases across the United States, shaping the care of thousands of patients per year.
Dr. Courter is also the founder of the Boomer Health Institute and the author of the the author of The Boomer Survivor Kit (An Indispensable Guide for Yourself * Your Relationships * Your Life). In addition, he is the author of his new book, A Father’s Letters, which focuses on helping your child through the difficult transition through college into adulthood. He has been a keynote speaker for multiple organizations, offering presentations on healthy habits, preventive medicine, career paths, relationships, and personal development.
Dr. Courter has created two web sites www.boomerhealthinstitute.com and drbillcourter.com and he has produced a series of YouTubes videos, covering a range of topics from the growing toxicity of our world to the explosion of chemicals / contaminants / GMOs to developing healthy habits to improving relationships to learning the keys to successful parenting (at all ages).
Dr. Courter lives in Coto de Caza, California with his wife of over 30 years. He has two daughters who live and work in Southern California.
Websites: www.boomerhealthinstitute.com | drbillcourter.com
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.