Tuesday Sep 13, 2022
Driving change in the patient experience - An interview with Amelia O’Relly, founder, How To Breast Cancer
Amelia O'Relly, Founder of How To Breast Cancer, a site and community that guides those that have received a breast cancer diagnosis and their families and friends with guidance, support, and information joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Information and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Amelia O'Relly discuss the following:
- You've had a distinguished career as a Human Resources Executive with companies including Coca Cola and Home Depot. Now you have transitioned to a champion for improving the patient experience. Tell us a bit about why you founded How To Breast Cancer.
- It is scary to receive a cancer diagnosis. What do you wish you knew, and what tools does How To Breast Cancer offer? Is it free? What has been the feedback?
- In your opinion, why have issues related to the patient experience been lagging compared to information on treatment, prevention, and other areas? How are you helping to change this? What has been the response from the medical community -- do you have a positive story to share?
- You have a gala event coming up on October 8th. Tell us about it and the goals it will achieve.
- What's the biggest take away you want people to have when they discover How To Breast Cancer?
Summary: When navigating a breast cancer, or any cancer, diagnosis it can be hard to know what to do next. Where do you go from here? Who do you listen to? What do you do with all the worries, fears and questions swirling around in your head? How to Breast Cancer is your how and your guide. It's information from Amelia O'Relly, and others, that share their experience to create change.
Amelia O'Relly is the Founder of How to Breast Cancer, an organization fully dedicated to helping breast cancer patients, their loved ones, caregivers, and community by serving as a central source and a single place for helpful, easy to use tools and practices for successfully navigating the breast cancer journey. Amelia’s inspiration to create and lead how to Breast cancer began after receiving her own breast cancer diagnosis in 2019 and beginning her cancer journey…a journey that is still ongoing. Over the past two years, she’s learned that while much information exists about breast cancer, much more needs to be done to have that information available in a centralized place that is user friendly and speaks from those who know and live it day to day. A resource created through personal knowledge, experience, and empathy.
Prior to founding How to Breast Cancer, Amelia spent the last 20 years serving in executive roles with a focus on Human Resources for several fortune 500 companies, spanning multiple industries and countries. She was born in Havana, Cuba, and immigrated to the U.S. with her parents and sister in 1980. Amelia grew up in the Tampa, FL, area and earned her bachelor’s degree with honors from the University of South Florida.
Amelia now spends her time focused on creating the very best tools and resources to help others successfully navigate their breast cancer journey and is the author of the upcoming book, The Breast Cancer Guide.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.