Dr. Sameer Jejurikar, a practicing plastic surgeon and partner at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute that is best known for performing gluteal augmentation with fat, also known as the "Brazilian Butt Lift" procedure joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel.
- Knowing you specialize in the field of buttock augmentation, what would you say is the most frequent misconception patients have about the procedure and/or results from a surgery like this?
- I recently read that you were named to the Inter-Society Buttock Fat Grafting Safety Task Force. What is the role of this task force designed for, and how do you anticipate it will affect future surgical processes?
- I'm sure not many of our listeners are familiar with the term "gluteal augmentation with fat", more commonly known as a Brazilian Butt Lift. Can you describe on a high-level this procedure for me, and what most patients interested in this procedure are hoping to get out of it? Also, did the Brazilians coin the term?
- I recognize you don't only perform cosmetic procedures on gluteal parts, but that it is what you're best known for. How did you carve out a special niche for yourself in an industry so densely populated by other physicians? How did you know what was the right specialization for you?
- From my experience with medical professionals, doctors are always engaging in lectures, academic research, etc. Was this something you always knew would be a part of your career? What upcoming presentations do you have coming up?
- If any of our listeners are thinking of going to medical school, what is a tip you would give them? Almost like giving advice to a younger version of yourself!
Dr. Sameer Jejurikar is a practicing plastic surgeon in the Dallas area. Dr. Jejurikar is a partner in the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute and specializes in cosmetic procedures on the body, breast, and face. He is best known for performing gluteal augmentation with fat, which is more commonly known as the "Brazilian Butt Lift." When he is not in the operating room, he speaks at various conferences and meetings about this procedure. As a member of the International Multisociety Gluteal Fat Grafting Task Force, he has researched ways to avoid fatal fat embolism with this treatment.
Dr. Jejurikar grew up in Minnesota and graduated from the University of Michigan. After medical school, he continued to study and train at his alma mater and the Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital. It was this experience that solidified his interest in cosmetic procedures. Dr. Sameer Jejurikar sits on numerous boards and is a member of many organizations. His talents in the OR match his abilities behind a microphone. He has given speeches and presentations around the world and educates listeners about his research and medical experience.
Besides completing elective cosmetic procedures on his patients, Dr. Jejurikar enjoys working to give back to the less fortunate. On numerous occasions, he’s traveled to different countries and performed essential treatments like surgery to repair cleft lips and palates. Next year, he plans to visit Bangladesh and provide free medical care to those who can’t afford treatment. Even though these trips can be mentally challenging, Dr. Sameer Jejurikar feels that they are extremely fulfilling. He is passionate about providing care and essential surgical treatments to those patients who need them most.
For more information, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jejurikar at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute.