Thursday Sep 15, 2022
Dr. John Sylvester of GenesisCare on Prostate Cancer Awareness
Dr. John E. Sylvester, Radiation Oncologist at GenesisCare, a premier provider in cancer and urology care joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Information and Health News Channels. With over 300 expert physicians across the U.S., GenesisCare offers advanced technologies and treatments as well as personalized integrated approach to care.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. John E. Sylvester discuss the following:
- Considering the staggering statistic that 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, is there anything the average person can do proactively to identify prostate cancer and when should they come in for a consultation? Are there any key indicators or high-risk factors people need to know?
- What are the biggest challenges people face once diagnosed with prostate cancer, and how can they overcome them?
- What do you all do differently at GenesisCare, and what are the benefits for patients? What can other cancer care facilities learn from you?
- What are the latest innovations in prostate cancer treatment, and what do you see coming on the horizon that could help people achieve more positive outcomes?
- What is most rewarding about the work that you do?
Summary: In 2020, more than 10 million cancer screenings were missed due to the pandemic. The American Association for Cancer Research revealed between March and December 2020, the nation saw an 11 percent increase in patients diagnosed with inoperable or metastatic cancer compared to the same period in 2019.
Dr. John Sylvester has performed over 6,000 prostate brachytherapy procedures. He has developed multiple technical improvements in the procedure, by improving visualization of the urethra during the procedure, optimally utilizing R.A.P.I.D. strand, and co-developed THINStrand. He has published numerous articles and medical textbook chapters on prostate brachytherapy and co-authored and edited The Prostate Cancer Treatment Book. He wrote the white paper on 4-D Calypso image guided IMRT and was the first physician in the US to use SpaceOAR in prostate cancer IG-IMRT. Dr. Sylvester earned the “Innovation Research Award 2014” from the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce and was awarded Sarasota Magazine’s Top Doctors distinction from 2012-2016. He publishes Prostate cancer research papers every year and regularly lectures at the National Radiation Oncology Society Medical Conferences (ASTRO, ABS).
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.