Eric McDonald, CEO and founder of DocuTAP, which provides EMR and practice management software to assist physicians with workflow management joins eHealth Radio.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Eric McDonald discuss the following:
- How did you come up with the original idea for DocuTAP?
- How does innovation play into an established industry like healthcare?
- Why did you choose the urgent care space to focus on?
- What is your vision for healthcare and technology?
- DocuTAP is helping in Ghana – can you tell me about what inspired you to join forces with non profit clinics there and how will your software make clinics in Ghana more efficient?
- What’s it like to add 32 jobs in six months? How do you properly integrate a team of new members with existing ones?
- You hired 3 high-level members of the team. How do you as a leader pick your executives?
Eric McDonald is the co-founder of DocuTAP and serves as the company's CEO. He is also a member of the company's Board of Directors. Mr. McDonald champions sales and client relations, and offers vision for technology and product design. He leads the development of DocuTAP's sales and marketing strategy using a hands-on approach.
Realizing the power of mobile, hand-held applications in the healthcare industry, Mr. McDonald initiated the DocuTAP software product concept in 1999. He worked directly with physicians for over two years, in their own clinical environment, to design and develop DocuTAP software.
Prior to co-founding DocuTAP, Mr. McDonald served as an IT consultant in a Phoenix-based consulting firm, working with large corporate clients.