Dr. James Shire, Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon & Founder of Shire Facial Plastic Surgery located in Chattanooga, TN joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss deep chemical peels, specifically phenol-croton oil-based peels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. James Shire discuss the following:
- What is a deep chemical peel and what is phenol-croton oil?
- What are reasons someone would undergo a deep chemical peel? And what recommendations do you have for someone who is considering a deep chemical peel?
- What does a deep chemical peel entail? What is recovery like?
- What are the complications associated with a deep chemical peel?
- What are other types of skin resurfacing techniques?
Dr. James R. Shire has combined a lifelong interest in the arts with a career in medicine in his practice of facial plastic surgery. At Ohio State University, he held a double major of Fine Arts and Microbiology while completing his requirements for medical school. After receiving his Doctor of Medicine degree from Medical College of Ohio, he completed an internship in general surgery and a residency program in Otolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Dr. Shire was selected for a Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. He is the former director of Facial Plastic Surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Shire is Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgeons, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Shire has been voted the Best Plastic Surgeon in the Chattanooga area for the last seven years and is listed in Best Doctors in America.
Social Media Links: