Dr. Harlan Stueven who is trained in the specialties of Emergency Medicine and poison management and founder of DiningGrades.com joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel. DiningGrades.com is an online public oriented restaurant grading system poised to improve restaurant food safety practices.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Harlan Stueven discuss the following:
- What is DiningGrades.com and why is its mission important?
- Isn’t the Municipal Health Department responsible for restaurant food safety, why should the consumer be involved?
- How will rating restaurants on DiningGrades.com help improve restaurant food safety?
- How does the listener benefit by rating restaurants on food safety?
- What else can a listener gain by becoming an active DiningGrades.com secret diner/user?
Harlan was born in a small rural SW Minnesota community to a farming family with immigrant grandparents. Before graduating from college Summa Cum Laude he was accepted into the University of Minnesota Medical School at 20 years of age and became an USAF medical officer in the USAF at 22. His training in the young specialties of Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology (poison management) set the stage for his award winning professional career contributions in medical teaching, research, writing, speaking, digital reference materials and emergency department management.
Dr. Stueven's creativity fostered major changes in American Heart Association cardiac arrest care, the development of a prototype for nurse referral telephone hotlines and digital medical records. His latest career contribution is the development of DiningGrades.com, an online public oriented restaurant grading system poised to improve restaurant food safety practices.