Dr. Anas Safadi, who is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology and echocardiography joins eHealth Radio. Dr. Safadi is in private practice in Northwest Indiana where his major focus has been on deep venous thrombosis.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Anas Safadi discuss the following:
- What is a DVT also known as a deep venous thrombosis?
- What are the symptoms of a DVT?
- What are the risk factors associated with a DVT?
- How is a DVT diagnosed?
- What are the traditional methods of treating a DVT and now I understand that using an ultrasound delivery system of antico-agulation drug dissolves blood clots more completely? What's that all about? Can you describe one particular patient case where this technology was used?
- Can a person lower their risk for a DVT? If so how.
- How many Americans are affected each year with a DVT and why is it that 74% of Americans today have little or no awareness of DVT?
- In your professional opinion, Dr. Safadi, should hospitals throughout the United States be making a better effort to educate patients in their communities on the dangers associated with a DVT and how do you propose they do just that?
Dr. Safadi I completed his undergraduate training at Loyola University Chicago, receiving a B. S. in biology, graduating Summa Cum Laude. He then continued his path towards becoming a physician by completing medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Safadi's internal medicine residency was undertaken at Indiana University as well. Following this, he completed both general cardiology and interventional cardiology fellowship at Indiana University as well. During his training, Dr. Safadi is known for publishing several abstracts and publications; most notably, in the prestigious journal, Circulation. He was awarded first place winner of the fellows in training competition at the Indiana Chapter American College of Cardiology annual meeting.
Dr. Safadi is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. Dr. Safadi is in private practice in Northwest Indiana where his major focus has been on deep venous thrombosis. Dr. Safadi has devoted an immense amount of time educating others and introducing new treatment strategies for this disease process.
Contact Dr. Safadi: firstname.lastname@example.org