Cancer Survivor and Cancer Exercise Specialist Lockey Maisonneuve
Lockey Maisonneuve is a Cancer Survivor, Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist, Personal Trainer & Founder of MovingOn joins the show.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Lockey Maisonneuve discuss the following:
- How did you get started as a personal trainer?
- How do you use exercise and fitness in your MovingOn program that is different from other programs?
- What are the added benefits of having a fitness support group for cancer patients/survivors?
- What muscles are most effected by treatment?
- What do you suggest is the best exercise for someone recently out of treatment?
Lockey Maisonneuve began her fitness career in 2004 as a personal trainer. In 2006, after being diagnosed with breast cancer, Lockey underwent chemotherapy, bilateral mastectomies, radiation and saline implant reconstruction. She found first-hand the importance of exercise for both physical rehabilitation as well as emotional well-being. Ms. Maisonneuve serves on the Community Advisory Board for the Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Hospital. Her certifications include: Certified Personal Trainer through the National Association of Sports Medicine and Cancer Exercise Specialist through the Cancer Exercise Training Institute.