Geert Kersten who has been involved in the pioneering field of cancer immunotherapy for over two decades and has successfully lead CEL-SCI Corporation as Chief Executive Officer since 1995 joins eHealth Radio.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Geert Kersten discuss the following:
- You have been with this one project for over 20 years. That is so unusual these days. Why?
- How big is the market for your drug?
- Why did you partner with a big pharmaceutical company, but did so only in emerging countries?
- Why did you build a full-fledged manufacturing facility at this point in time. Why not wait until after approval?
- What is your vision for Multikine?
Geert Kersten has served in his current leadership role at CEL-SCI since 1995. Mr. Kersten has been with CEL-SCI from the early days of its inception since 1987. He has been involved in the pioneering field of cancer immunotherapy for over two decades and has successfully steered CEL-SCI through many challenging cycles in the biotechnology industry.
Mr. Kersten also provides CEL-SCI with significant expertise in the fields of finance and law and has a unique vision of how CEL-SCI 's Multikine product could potentially change the way cancer is treated. Prior to CEL-SCI, Mr. Kersten worked at the law firm of Finley & Kumble and worked at Source Capital, an investment banking firm located in McLean, VA.
He is a native of Germany, graduated from Millfield School in England, and completed his studies in the US. Mr. Kersten completed his Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, received an M.B.A. from George Washington University, and a law degree (J.D.) from American University in Washington, DC.