Charles Merritt, the CEO and Co-founder of Buddy, which provides on-demand accident insurance to empower Americans to fearlessly lead active lives joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Charles Merritt discuss the following:
- Tell me a little bit about Buddy and who it’s for.
- If I already have health insurance, does it still make sense for me to get Buddy?
- How does a person actually go about getting insured through Buddy? What are the steps?
- What happens if a policyholder is injured? What would they do and what can they expect?
- What does Buddy’s accident insurance cover and what does it NOT cover?
SUMMARY: Buddy can cover your kids without an adult having to be on the policy, perfect for when they go to soccer camp or on a trip, even out of the country!
Buddy provides on-demand accident insurance for active people, from casual hikers and cyclists to amateur athletes and globe-trotting adventurers. It was founded by Charles Merritt, Jay Paul and David Vogeleer of Virginia after they saw mountain-biking friends get injured and have to start GoFundMe’s to cover costs before high deductibles kicked in. Customers pay only for the coverage they need, no more, lasting anywhere from a single day to a full year. It was this novel approach that led Outside Magazine to call Buddy one of the top outdoor innovators in 2019, and for Investopedia to name it among the five best personal accident insurance companies for 2021.