Wednesday Aug 17, 2022
Brilliant Ways to Use Small Group Adventure to Connect to Nature
Captain Dan Blanchard, the owner and CEO of UnCruise Adventures, a leading small ship adventure travel company that creates connection to nature, and sustainable travel joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Mental Health Channels.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Captain Dan Blanchard discuss the following:
- With such a unique business, how did the idea for your business come about?
- Why is small group adventure such a key way to connect to nature and boost our mental and physical health?
- Your mission states that your company goal is "To provide our guests an enriching adventure travel experience and inspire an appreciation of local cultures and the natural world." How did you build a successful customer base that loves nature and adventure as much as you do?
- How do you market your business and what tactics have been the most successful?
- What motivates you personally/how do you define success?
- What other ways can people connect to more adventure and nature, even when not on your small ship cruises? What do you personally do to connect?
When it comes to Captain Dan Blanchard—he's the real thing. Dan grew up in Washington State, living and working on boats since he was a kid. He received his ship master's license at 18 and has gone on to travel the world and live a storied tale from the owner of Blanchard Marine to Captain of sightseeing vessels to Director at Cruise West and Vice President of Operations.
In 1999, he joined American Safari Cruises, and went on to acquire the company in 2008 launching Innersea Discoveries which is now known as UnCruise Adventures. A lifelong adventurer, he connects with nature and culture wherever he goes and promotes in his small ship adventure company.
In May 2013, he was adopted into a native Alaskan Tlingit tribe for his passion for conservation and the support of the local communities. He's living the dream he built around his passions and wouldn't have it any other way."
Social Media Links:
Youtube: Click Here
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.