Dr. Deborah Ross-Swain is a speech-language pathologists. Her new book, Confidence & Joy: Success Strategies for Kids with Learning Differences, provides parents and educators with tools to help children with learning differences realize lifelong success joins eHealth Radio and the Education & Health News Channel to discuss.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Deborah Ross-Swain discuss the following:
- Why are confidence and joy so important for children with a learning difference?
- What’s the difference between a learning difference and a learning disability?
- What signs should parents and teachers look for that reveal a learning difference?
- How can parents and professionals best provide opportunities for instilling confidence and joy in a child?
- What can be “confidence and joy robbers?”
- What strategies can parents use to successfully advocate for their child with a learning difference?
Dr. Deborah Ross-Swain is a licensed speech-language pathologist and CEO of the Swain Center for Listening, Communicating and Learning. Dr. Elaine Fogel Schneider is CEO of TouchTime® International and author of the best-selling 7 Strategies for Raising Calm, Inspired, & Successful Children.
Drs. Swain and Schneider’s new book, Confidence & Joy: Success Strategies for Kids with Learning Differences (Crescendo Publishing, Nov. 1, 2018), provides parents and educators with tools to help children with learning differences realize lifelong success.
Social Media Links: