Breast surgery after pregnancy and breastfeeding - lifts and implants, what happens with Dr. Michelle Spring
Dr. Michelle Spring, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, at Marina Plastic Surgery Associates, in Marina del Rey California joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Channel. Her topic is breast surgery after pregnancy and breastfeeding - lifts and implants, what happens.
- Do breast implants interfere with breastfeeding? Does it matter of they are saline or silicone?
- Can implants leak into the baby’s milk?
- Can breastfeeding moms get breast implants while they are still breastfeeding or is it best to wait?
- What about breast lifts – can they be done without implants? Should moms wait to do a breast lift?
- Anything else you’d like to add about trends in breast surgery for moms?
Dr. Michelle Spring is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon with advanced training in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. She has extensive experience performing breast lifts, breast augmentations, breast reductions and reconstructive surgery following breast cancer treatment. Dr. Spring also treats patients who need reconstructive plastic surgery following skin cancer, facial trauma and debilitating scars or burns.
Dr. Spring received her medical degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, followed by a full residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She completed a second fellowship with the nonprofit humanitarian group, Interplast. She traveled extensively abroad in underdeveloped countries such as Bangladesh, China and India, teaching and performing free reconstructive surgery on hundreds of patients with disfiguring burns and deformities such as cleft lips and palates, helping them lead a more normal life. Before coming to Marina Plastic Surgery, Dr. Spring worked as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Madison, Wisconsin, as well as in San Diego and Idaho. She is licensed in Idaho, California and Wisconsin.
Web Site: www.marinaplasticsurgery.com