Dr. Erica Kosal who is an extreme stress expert and hidden strength champion, who writes and speaks on game plans for bouncing back from adversity joins eHealth Radio and the Stress Management Channel. She has just released her first book Miracles for Daddy, based on her husband's illness and her family's story of resilience.
- You have battled a lot over the last several years, yet you continue to thrive when others in your same situation don’t necessarily fare as well. What is the secret to maintaining a “positive purposefulness” as you call it?
- We all know that stress can have major adverse effects on your health, but you have argued stress can be useful as well. Please explain what you mean by this.
- How do you ensure that stress does not take over your life? Give the listeners one practical tip that you have found most useful.
- Kids often experience stress as well, but may express it in different ways. How can you help identify stress in children and how can you help kids deal with such stress?
- In your situation, there is a lot to juggle – full-time job, raising children, helping to care for your chronically ill husband. What is your advice to someone who might also be juggling a full plate, with the stress that comes with it?
Dr. Erica Kosal is an extreme stress expert and hidden strength champion, who writes and speaks on game plans for bouncing back from adversity.
After Erica’s husband received a grave health diagnosis several years, she learned to take the reins and guide her future and her family’s future. While navigating the healthcare system, financial strains, and daily uncertainties, this wife, mother of two and full-time professor came to realize the power of belief and resolve in directing her family’s future.
Dr. Kosal is the author of the book Miracles for Daddy: A Family’s Inspirational Fight against a Modern Medical Goliath, writes a blog titled Traveling Troubled Times, maintains the website Bounce to Resilience, and is an expert panelist for the magazines CardioLogix and KidzEdge. She is also a guest writer for various online sites and magazines.
Note: The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the show host or it's owners.