AtTask simplifies and makes IT more efficient
with Ty Kiisel
Ty Kiisel, Manager Social Media at Attask, Inc. joins the program. As an “accidental” project manager and marketing veteran with over 25 years of experience, Ty writes about project management, leading teams, and basically getting work done.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Ty Kiisel discuss the following:
- How does AtTask deliver Meaningful Use compliance projects and help hospitals keep up with other government initiatives?
- HIPAA’s claim of “administrative simplification” actually complicates IT. How does AtTask simplify and make IT more efficient?
- In a project like Meaningful Use that has a defined deadline, what are the best practices for managing resources, tracking the different teams within the project, prioritizing and maintaining focus?
- Ad hoc work requests can be the downfall of any project, how does AtTask help manage these types of requests and keep teams on track to meet key deadlines?
- In big projects like Meaningful Use, where cross-functional teams – virtual teams (v-teams) from cross-department and cross-hospital working together on long or short-term initiatives, projects, or goals there are a number of issues and challenges with making those work effectively. What are the best practices for managing all of these cross-functional teams?
Ty Kiisel, Manager Social Media at AtTask, Inc.
As an “accidental” project manager and marketing veteran with over 25 years of experience, Ty writes about project management, leading teams, and basically getting work done. Ty makes the concepts and best practices of managing project-based work accessible to both the expert and novice (or accidental) project professional by weaving personal experiences, historical references and other anecdotes into discussions around effectiveleadership approaches that maximize the effectiveness of project teams.
There are a few areas where Hospital IT is facing unprecedented challenges from hundreds of new government compliance projects that need to be resourced and managed. These mandates are further taxing already over-capacity hospital IT departments. The only way hospital IT can achieve the added workload is to do more with less and become strategic with current resources.
His blog, Strategic Project Management, is syndicated daily on Alltop, CIOZone, Gantthead, and IT Toolbox. He also writes a weekly blog for Forbes. His weekly podcast, TalkingWork, introduces successful work management practices with an entertaining and informative format including interviews with industry experts and successful business leaders.