Thursday Dec 14, 2017
A unique treatment approach for drug-resistant epilepsy
Jason Richey, President of LivaNova North America and General Manager of the company’s Neuromodulation business joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
He’ll be discussing VNS Therapy – the first and only FDA-approved device for drug-resistant epilepsy that is clinically proven safe and effective for adults and children as young as four years of age. VNS Therapy is designed to prevent seizures before they start and stop them if they do.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Jason Richey discuss the following:
- What exactly is VNS Therapy? How does it work?
- VNS Therapy is FDA-approved to treat refractory or drug-resistant epilepsy. How common is it for people to have seizures which can’t be controlled by drugs alone?
- Who is a good candidate for VNS Therapy?
- Children as young as four years old can now receive VNS Therapy. What are the benefits of starting this treatment at a younger age?
- Tell me about the newly released SenTiva generator and next-generation VNS Therapy Programming System. How does the latest system improve upon past versions?
- More than 100,000 people have used VNS Therapy, many of whom have achieved long-term seizure control. What are some of the most common comments they share about their experience?
- What are the potential side effects of VNS Therapy, and how do they compare to other epilepsy treatments?
- What does LivaNova have in store for the future of VNS Therapy?
About Jason Richey: As LivaNova's President of North America and General Manager of the Neuromodulation business, Jason Richey has over 20 years of experience in the medical technology industry. With 15 years of tenure at Cyberonics (LivaNova’s predecessor) starting in 2001, Mr. Richey has a bachelor’s degree in Biology from Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
About VNS Therapy: VNS Therapy is the first and only FDA-approved device for drug-resistant epilepsy that is clinically proven safe and effective for adults and children as young as four years of age. VNS Therapy is designed to prevent seizures before they occur and stop them if they do. It is a unique treatment approach developed specifically for people with drug-resistant epilepsy — a condition that affects one in three people with epilepsy.
Websites: www.VNSTherapy.com | www.SeizureControl.com
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.