July 18, 2020
Thelma Reese, an aging expert and co author of "How Seniors Are Saving the World, Retirement Activism to the Rescue!" joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Retirement Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Thelma Reese discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Who are the people you write about in your book, and how did you find them?
- Is this a “how-to” book?
- What do you hope readers will get from this book? What have you learned about retirement from writing this book?
- What is so important about this book for today’s readers?
Thelma Reese is the author of The New Senior Woman, The New Senior Man and now her 3rd book "How Seniors Are Saving the World, Retirement Activism to the Rescue!" Thelma is the creator of the blog, www.ElderChicks.com. She’s a retired professor of English and Education, the former spokesperson for Hooked on Phonics, and has long been active in national and Philadelphia-based educational and cultural initiatives. BJ Kittredge is a former health care professional and educator.
Social Media Links:
February 21, 2018
Dr. Thelma Reese, author of The New Senior Man: Exploring New Horizons, New Opportunities joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel. She is here to talk about an entirely new concept of retirement. What Baby Boomer men face when they finish working has little to do with what their fathers faced. Retirement is a far longer phase of life, and it’s filled with possibilities.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Thelma Reese discuss the following:
- What prompted you to write this book? Can you talk about your experiences on book tour for your first book?
- Why do men have their own set of challenges facing retirement?
- Can you give a few examples of men who’ve rewritten their own playbook on retiring, and why they’re inspiring?
- Why is retirement changing so much?
- Did you find that men dealt with intimacy and sex differently than the preceding generation? Why?
- What’s your advice for a man heading into this next phase of his life?
- Live alone, or live with others? What’s the consensus among the men you interviewed?
- How can men stand up to ageism — and how is it different for men than women?
Dr. Thelma Reese, author of The New Senior Woman: Reinventing the Years Beyond Mid-Life, wrote The New Senior Man to satisfy the numerous requests from men who wanted their own book. She is the creator of the blog, www.ElderChicks.com, is a retired professor of English and Education, was the spokesper for Hooked on Phonics, and has long been active in literacy and cultural initiatives in Philadelphia.