December 23, 2016
Dr. Julio Garcia, board certified plastic surgeon in Las Vegas, Nevada joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. Dr. Garcia specializes in the full array of all things cosmetic, from cosmetic surgery to cosmetic medicine. He offers surgical options, minimally invasive options as well as injectable therapies to assist the patient in achieving their desired look.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Julio Garcia discuss the following:
- What are some of the popular procedures people are getting as we head into the holidays and new year?
- Is there a certain set of treatments you would recommend for someone wanting to look their best?
- Are there any potential restrictions or complications with certain procedures in cold weather?
- Tell us about your consultation process: What do you like to make sure the patient walks away with knowing?
- Tell us a little bit about the Ask Dr. Garcia feature on your website and how it can help someone navigate their treatment options?
Dr. Julio Garcia completed his medical training and moved to Las Vegas in 1988, entering the private practice of plastic surgery. He is certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery as well as the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has become a nationally recognized surgeon, medical practitioner and business executive who has appeared on the Discovery Channel to audiences 16 times.
Dr. Garcia is a member of the Board of Directors for the Aesthetic Society Education and Research Foundation, an entity that raises funds to allow plastic surgeons to perform ground-breaking research relative to cosmetic surgery. He performs the full gamut of cosmetic surgery as well as non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques. He is also well versed in the use of dermal fillers, as well as products such as Dysport and Botox.
Patients travel from as far as the Middle East, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia to have Dr. Garcia care for them. He also provides options for patients with injuries and chronic disease with the use of fat-derived stromal vascular fraction, which contains stem cells and cytokines to assist the body in healing these conditions.
Dr. Garcia welcomes you to come in for a personal consultation and obtain information on what your options may be for both cosmetic and regenerative needs.
Social Media Links:
November 22, 2016
Dr. Leon Goldstein, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon at Coastal Plastic Surgery Center joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. Dr. Goldstein performs breast lift surgery and other procedures of the breasts, body and face from offices in Providence, Rhode Island, and Madison, Connecticut.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Leon Goldstein discuss the following:
- What is the difference between breast lift surgery and breast augmentation?
- Why are breast lifts becoming more popular?
- What new advances have been made in the breast lift procedure?
- What preparations should patients take in order to be in optimal health for any of the breast lift or breast augmentation procedures?
- What are the post-op recommendations for a healthy recovery period? How long is the recovery period? What is the length of time before a patient can resume their usual level of activity and return to exercise?
Dr. Leon Goldstein completed his undergraduate education at Yale University and graduated with a medical degree from Union University's Albany Medical College in 1978. In 1987, he achieved certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, signifying his dedication to excellence in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Goldstein is the founder of Coastal Plastic Surgery Center. He performs breast augmentation, lift and reduction surgery, tummy tuck procedures, facelifts and rhinoplasty, as well as in-office procedures including BOTOX Cosmetic and laser skin resurfacing. Coastal Plastic Surgery Center has two offices in Madison, Connecticut, and Providence, Rhode Island.
Dr. Goldstein is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, International College of Surgeons and Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery. He has been listed by the Consumers' Research Council of America as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in the nation and featured in the Stanford Who's Who.
Social Media Links:
August 15, 2016
Dr. Melinda Haws and Dr. Mary Gingrass, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons & Founders of the Plastic Surgery Center of Nashville again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss breast augmentation.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guests Dr. Melinda Haws and Dr. Mary Gingrass discuss the following:
- What is breast augmentation? What are reasons someone would undergo breast augmentation?
- What are the different types of breast implants and incision placements?
- What does the breast augmentation procedure entail? What is recovery like?
- What are the complications associated with breast augmentation?
- How can breast augmentation be combined with breast lift?
Dr. Melinda Haws is a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. She is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Dr. Haws received her medical degree from the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in 1991, where she met her future partner, Dr. Mary Gingrass. Dr. Haws completed a six-year combined general surgery/plastic surgery residency at Southern Illinois University in Springfield, Illinois. From there, she came to Nashville for a six-month breast and aesthetic fellowship with Nashville Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Mary Gingrass is a third-generation plastic surgeon, born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received her medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee in 1989. Dr. Gingrass completed her residency in general and plastic surgery at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. She completed her training with a fellowship at Nashville Plastic Surgery, with an emphasis in cosmetic surgery and breast enhancement surgery. Dr. Gingrass is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Social Media Links:
August 9, 2016
Dr. Dwayne Watkins, CEO and Medical Director of Heartland Total Body located in Atlanta, Georgia joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to talk about laser liposuction.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Dwayne Watkins discuss the following:
- What are your recommendations for someone who is interested in non-invasive body contouring?
- Can you further describe what Lipotherme is and what are reasons someone would undergo this treatment?
- What is the Lipotherme procedure like?
- What can someone expect after undergoing Lipotherme, such as recovery and risks?
- Are there any other laser liposuction treatments currently available?
Dr. Dwayne L. Watkins, board-certified physician, received his Bachelor’s of Pharmacy from the University of Kansas Pharmacy School. He later went on to attain his medical degree from the University of Kansas Medical School and completed his residency training at Atlanta Medical Center.
Dr. Watkins is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians and American Board of Internal Medicine. He has received specialized training in laser liposuction. He is currently CEO and Medical Director of Heartland Healthcare, Heartland Total Body, and Heartland College Park.
Dr. Watkins is happily married with three children. In his spare time, he enjoys training his children in sports. He also enjoys traveling and is an active member of his church.
Social Media Links:
August 4, 2016
Dr. Erika Sato, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon at Houston Plastic Craniofacial & Sinus Surgery located in Houston, Texas joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss the differences between liposuction and SmartLipo.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Erika Sato discuss the following:
- What is liposuction? What is SmartLipo?
- What are reasons someone would undergo liposuction or SmartLipo?
- What are your recommendations for someone who is considering liposuction or SmartLipo?
- What do the liposuction and SmartLipo procedures entail? What is recovery like?
- What are common concerns with liposuction and SmartLipo?
Dr. Erika Sato is a Houston area plastic surgeon board certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Sato earned her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Missouri where she graduated Cum Laude from the Honors College. She attended medical school at the University of Missouri College of Medicine, where she received her Doctorate of Medicine and graduated in the top 25% of her class. She completed both her general surgery and plastic surgery training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world. She received multiple awards during her training from both faculty and peers including Resident of the Year as a junior resident and Chief Resident of the year for Memorial Hermann’s storied James “Red” Duke trauma service. Dr. Sato was also selected as an Administrative Chief Resident of Surgery for her final year of general surgery training.
In the course of her plastic surgery training Dr. Sato developed a substantial interest in the field of breast reconstruction, specifically microvascular free tissue transfer. She trained at Memorial Hermann, home to the nation’s busiest trauma service, as well as MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the nation’s premier hospitals for cancer treatment, and performed over 100 microvascular breast and trauma reconstructions during her training.
Dr. Sato also trained at St. Joseph Medical Center, which has a long history of being a recognized leader in providing excellent cosmetic and general plastic surgery care. During this time Dr. Sato studied extensively in the latest techniques in facial, breast and body aesthetic surgery, including liposuction and SmartLipo. Outside of her formal training, she also dedicated much of her time to studying under many regional and national leaders in cosmetic plastic surgery in the Houston area.
Social Media Links:
July 25, 2016
Dr. Ken Anderson, Double-Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and Founder of Anderson Center for Hair, located in Atlanta, Georgia joins eHealth Radio and the Hair Restoration & Plastic Surgery Information Channels to discuss ARTAS robotic hair restoration.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Ken Anderson discuss the following:
- What is ARTAS? And what are your recommendations for someone who is considering robotic hair restoration?
- What are reasons someone would undergo robotic hair restoration?
- What does the ARTAS procedure entail? What is recovery like?
- What are the complications associated with ARTAS?
- What other procedures can treat hair loss?
Dr. Ken Anderson is the Founder and Director of the Anderson Hair Sciences Center. He is a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon who has been practicing robotic hair restoration surgery exclusively since 2003. He began in private practice in Beverly Hills, California in 2003.
In 2008, Dr. Anderson was recruited from California to join the Emory Facial Center, a satellite office of the main Emory Hospital dedicated to facial cosmetic surgery, to offer hair restoration to Emory Healthcare patients. His educational contributions include several Grand Rounds Lectures presented to the Emory Department of Dermatology, and the Emory Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Anderson is also committed to education of physicians in the community, and has delivered educational talks to the physicians of Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, GA, as well as to the Department of Family Medicine at Mercer University in Macon, GA. He has been an invited lecturer on hair restoration around the world, including Canada, Japan, and Ecuador.
In 2012, he won the Okinawa Award for a presentation about Follicular Unit Extraction procedures, delivered to the Japan Society for Clinical Hair Restoration.
Social Media Links:
July 16, 2016
Dr. Rex Yannis, Plastic Surgeon located in Chattanooga, TN joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. Dr. Yannis is the founder of Center for Facial Rejuvenation and is here to talk about being the “eye expert” for lifts and facial cosmetic surgery.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Rex Yannis discuss the following:
- What makes you the “eye expert” for lifts and facial cosmetic surgery?
- What is the difference between an eyelid lift and a brow lift?
- What are your recommendations for someone seeking surgical facial rejuvenation?
- What do the procedures and recovery processes entail?
- What are some alternatives to surgical facial rejuvenation?
Dr. Rex Yannis has over 20 years’ experience in ophthalmic plastic & facial cosmetic surgery. He specializes in orbital, lacrimal and eyelid surgery, eyebrow and forehead surgery as well as other facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Yannis also has extensive experience with lasers and light based technology, dermal fillers, medical and Cosmetic Botox injections, and Autologous Fat Transfer. Dr. Yannis will be seeing patients in our Chattanooga and Athens office.
Dr. Yannis completed his B.A. in Biochemistry from the University of Texas at Austin in 1979. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in 1983 where he was on the Dean’s Honor Role. He went on to complete his Residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Texas at Galveston in 1988 where he was Chief Resident for the Department of Ophthalmology. In 1989, Dr. Yannis completed his training with a fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Texas in Houston.
Dr. Yannis is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Yannis served as Associate Clinical Professor for over ten years teaching oculoplastic and facial reconstructive surgery at the University of California, Irvine while in private practice. Dr. Yannis has been in private practice in California since 1990 prior to joining us.
Social Media Links:
July 13, 2016
Dr. Jay Dutton, who is double board-certified in both otolaryngology and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. He specializes in rhinoplasty at the Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago and is here to talk to us about implants and injectables in Rhinoplasty.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Jay Dutton discuss the following:
- What types of grafts and implants are generally available in plastic surgery?
- What type of grafts or implants are involved in rhinoplasty specifically?
- What are some factors to consider in selecting a graft or implant?
- What injectables are used in performing non-surgical rhinoplasty? Which ones should a patient consider, and which should they avoid?
- What risks and complications are involved in “injection rhinoplasty”?
Jay M. Dutton, M.D., F.A.C.S. is double-board-certified in both Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery with extensive experience in all aspects of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, particularly advanced rhinoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery, and facial reconstruction.
He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Rhinologic Society, and American College of Surgeons, among other organizations. He is also a diplomate of both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
The Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago (RIC) was founded by Dr. Jay Dutton with the mission to provide preeminent care in Facial Practice and Reconstructive Surgery in suburban Chicago. Dr. Dutton specializes in the face – and only the face – with the belief that due to the extreme complexity of facial anatomy, patients are best served by a surgeon who has devoted his practice to facial procedures.
Social Media Links:
July 12, 2016
Facial Plastic Surgeon and Expert, Dr. Monica Tadros with offices located on Park Avenue in Manhattan and in Bergen County, New Jersey joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss Rhinoplasty form and function.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Monica Tadros discuss the following:
- How can the form and function of a nose be affected by un-treated nasal fractures? Sinus circulation? sleeping and breathing troubles, etc.?
- How can rhinoplasty help?
- What techniques do you specialize in? Why is it important to understand the various areas for finding the proper surgeon?
- What is the truth about narrow sinus anatomy and migraine headaches: including contact points inside the nose that are known to trigger migraines?
- Who are the people most affected? What is the vast age range?
- Why is it important to check for underlying nasal pathology like a deviated septum before rhinoplasty?
- What is the evolution of rhinoplasty like? Rapid recovery?
Dr. Monica Tadros is a distinguished Facial Plastic Surgeon & Reconstructive Surgeon and Educator. She has offices located on Park Avenue in Manhattan and in Bergen County, New Jersey. Dr. Tadros specializes in rhinoplasty, sinus surgery, and plastic surgery in NJ. She is one of a small number of surgeons to attain dual board certification in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has combined the two specialties in her unique practice of aesthetic medicine. She was appointed the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Asst. Professor of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at the prestigious Columbia University in 2006, where she taught many generations of residents and medical students, the art and science of Form and Function and the healing power of compassion.
Dr. Tadros has received numerous awards and accolades for her forward thinking, teaching and innovations in Aesthetic Facial Surgery. In the highly evolving field of surgery, Dr. Tadros has pioneered the concept of Aesthetic Facial Surgery, a movement to bridge the gap between Form and Function.
July 2, 2016
Dr. David Rodwell, a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon located in Charleston, South Carolina again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. He is the Founder of Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and is here to talk to us about facelifts.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. David Rodwell discuss the following:
- What is a facelift? How is a facelift different from a mini-facelift of midface lift?
- What is the best age for a facelift? How long does a facelift last?
- What does the facelift procedure and recovery entail?
- What other procedures can I combine with a facelift for a younger look?
- What are the potential side effects of a facelift?
Dr. David Rodwell is Board Certified to perform facial plastic surgery, focusing as a specialist exclusively within the face and neck. He combines his surgical technique and skill with the ability to intuitively understand the motivations of each patient and develop the sense of trust that serves as the foundation of a personalized approach to facial plastic surgery. Expertly trained with a wealth of experience, Dr. Rodwell had a clear focus for the type of practice that would provide patients with personalized service and consistently outstanding results. These principles were the reasons that Dr. Rodwell opened Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and Charleston Sinus Center.
His undergraduate years were spent at Hampden-Sydney College where he graduated with honors. An interest in medicine and experience in surgical research at MUSC led to his enrollment at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, SC where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Rodwell then moved to Memphis to complete a surgical residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, where he personally performed over 3,000 surgical procedures and assisted on countless others.
Following the completion of his surgical residency, Dr. Rodwell was selected out
of a nationwide pool of applicants for one of the most coveted positions to work directly with Dr. Calvin M. Johnson, Jr. for a full year in a fellowship position sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Johnson is truly a leader in the field. He is considered one of the top facial plastic surgeons in the world and is widely recognized for his work as a pioneer of modern rhinoplasty techniques and a leading expert in facelift surgery.