July 25, 2016
Dr. Ken Anderson, Double-Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and Founder of Anderson Center for Hair, located in Atlanta, Georgia joins eHealth Radio and the Hair Restoration & Plastic Surgery Information Channels to discuss ARTAS robotic hair restoration.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Ken Anderson discuss the following:
- What is ARTAS? And what are your recommendations for someone who is considering robotic hair restoration?
- What are reasons someone would undergo robotic hair restoration?
- What does the ARTAS procedure entail? What is recovery like?
- What are the complications associated with ARTAS?
- What other procedures can treat hair loss?
Dr. Ken Anderson is the Founder and Director of the Anderson Hair Sciences Center. He is a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon who has been practicing robotic hair restoration surgery exclusively since 2003. He began in private practice in Beverly Hills, California in 2003.
In 2008, Dr. Anderson was recruited from California to join the Emory Facial Center, a satellite office of the main Emory Hospital dedicated to facial cosmetic surgery, to offer hair restoration to Emory Healthcare patients. His educational contributions include several Grand Rounds Lectures presented to the Emory Department of Dermatology, and the Emory Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Anderson is also committed to education of physicians in the community, and has delivered educational talks to the physicians of Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, GA, as well as to the Department of Family Medicine at Mercer University in Macon, GA. He has been an invited lecturer on hair restoration around the world, including Canada, Japan, and Ecuador.
In 2012, he won the Okinawa Award for a presentation about Follicular Unit Extraction procedures, delivered to the Japan Society for Clinical Hair Restoration.
Social Media Links:
July 16, 2016
Dr. Rex Yannis, Plastic Surgeon located in Chattanooga, TN joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. Dr. Yannis is the founder of Center for Facial Rejuvenation and is here to talk about being the “eye expert” for lifts and facial cosmetic surgery.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Rex Yannis discuss the following:
- What makes you the “eye expert” for lifts and facial cosmetic surgery?
- What is the difference between an eyelid lift and a brow lift?
- What are your recommendations for someone seeking surgical facial rejuvenation?
- What do the procedures and recovery processes entail?
- What are some alternatives to surgical facial rejuvenation?
Dr. Rex Yannis has over 20 years’ experience in ophthalmic plastic & facial cosmetic surgery. He specializes in orbital, lacrimal and eyelid surgery, eyebrow and forehead surgery as well as other facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Yannis also has extensive experience with lasers and light based technology, dermal fillers, medical and Cosmetic Botox injections, and Autologous Fat Transfer. Dr. Yannis will be seeing patients in our Chattanooga and Athens office.
Dr. Yannis completed his B.A. in Biochemistry from the University of Texas at Austin in 1979. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in 1983 where he was on the Dean’s Honor Role. He went on to complete his Residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Texas at Galveston in 1988 where he was Chief Resident for the Department of Ophthalmology. In 1989, Dr. Yannis completed his training with a fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Texas in Houston.
Dr. Yannis is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Yannis served as Associate Clinical Professor for over ten years teaching oculoplastic and facial reconstructive surgery at the University of California, Irvine while in private practice. Dr. Yannis has been in private practice in California since 1990 prior to joining us.
Social Media Links:
July 13, 2016
Dr. Jay Dutton, who is double board-certified in both otolaryngology and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. He specializes in rhinoplasty at the Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago and is here to talk to us about implants and injectables in Rhinoplasty.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Jay Dutton discuss the following:
- What types of grafts and implants are generally available in plastic surgery?
- What type of grafts or implants are involved in rhinoplasty specifically?
- What are some factors to consider in selecting a graft or implant?
- What injectables are used in performing non-surgical rhinoplasty? Which ones should a patient consider, and which should they avoid?
- What risks and complications are involved in “injection rhinoplasty”?
Jay M. Dutton, M.D., F.A.C.S. is double-board-certified in both Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery with extensive experience in all aspects of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, particularly advanced rhinoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery, and facial reconstruction.
He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Rhinologic Society, and American College of Surgeons, among other organizations. He is also a diplomate of both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
The Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago (RIC) was founded by Dr. Jay Dutton with the mission to provide preeminent care in Facial Practice and Reconstructive Surgery in suburban Chicago. Dr. Dutton specializes in the face – and only the face – with the belief that due to the extreme complexity of facial anatomy, patients are best served by a surgeon who has devoted his practice to facial procedures.
Social Media Links:
July 12, 2016
Facial Plastic Surgeon and Expert, Dr. Monica Tadros with offices located on Park Avenue in Manhattan and in Bergen County, New Jersey joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss Rhinoplasty form and function.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Monica Tadros discuss the following:
- How can the form and function of a nose be affected by un-treated nasal fractures? Sinus circulation? sleeping and breathing troubles, etc.?
- How can rhinoplasty help?
- What techniques do you specialize in? Why is it important to understand the various areas for finding the proper surgeon?
- What is the truth about narrow sinus anatomy and migraine headaches: including contact points inside the nose that are known to trigger migraines?
- Who are the people most affected? What is the vast age range?
- Why is it important to check for underlying nasal pathology like a deviated septum before rhinoplasty?
- What is the evolution of rhinoplasty like? Rapid recovery?
Dr. Monica Tadros is a distinguished Facial Plastic Surgeon & Reconstructive Surgeon and Educator. She has offices located on Park Avenue in Manhattan and in Bergen County, New Jersey. Dr. Tadros specializes in rhinoplasty, sinus surgery, and plastic surgery in NJ. She is one of a small number of surgeons to attain dual board certification in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has combined the two specialties in her unique practice of aesthetic medicine. She was appointed the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Asst. Professor of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at the prestigious Columbia University in 2006, where she taught many generations of residents and medical students, the art and science of Form and Function and the healing power of compassion.
Dr. Tadros has received numerous awards and accolades for her forward thinking, teaching and innovations in Aesthetic Facial Surgery. In the highly evolving field of surgery, Dr. Tadros has pioneered the concept of Aesthetic Facial Surgery, a movement to bridge the gap between Form and Function.
July 2, 2016
Dr. David Rodwell, a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon located in Charleston, South Carolina again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. He is the Founder of Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and is here to talk to us about facelifts.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. David Rodwell discuss the following:
- What is a facelift? How is a facelift different from a mini-facelift of midface lift?
- What is the best age for a facelift? How long does a facelift last?
- What does the facelift procedure and recovery entail?
- What other procedures can I combine with a facelift for a younger look?
- What are the potential side effects of a facelift?
Dr. David Rodwell is Board Certified to perform facial plastic surgery, focusing as a specialist exclusively within the face and neck. He combines his surgical technique and skill with the ability to intuitively understand the motivations of each patient and develop the sense of trust that serves as the foundation of a personalized approach to facial plastic surgery. Expertly trained with a wealth of experience, Dr. Rodwell had a clear focus for the type of practice that would provide patients with personalized service and consistently outstanding results. These principles were the reasons that Dr. Rodwell opened Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and Charleston Sinus Center.
His undergraduate years were spent at Hampden-Sydney College where he graduated with honors. An interest in medicine and experience in surgical research at MUSC led to his enrollment at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, SC where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Rodwell then moved to Memphis to complete a surgical residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, where he personally performed over 3,000 surgical procedures and assisted on countless others.
Following the completion of his surgical residency, Dr. Rodwell was selected out
of a nationwide pool of applicants for one of the most coveted positions to work directly with Dr. Calvin M. Johnson, Jr. for a full year in a fellowship position sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Johnson is truly a leader in the field. He is considered one of the top facial plastic surgeons in the world and is widely recognized for his work as a pioneer of modern rhinoplasty techniques and a leading expert in facelift surgery.
June 29, 2016
Dr. Glenn Vallecillos, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon from Beverly Hills, California joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss the MINT Lift, a minimally invasive nonsurgical facelift.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Glenn Vallecillos discuss the following:
- What is the most common reason people come into your practice?
- What are classic signs of an aging face or neck?
- What treatment do you recommend to patients with these types of issues?
- What is MINT Lift and how does it work?
- Why would anyone choose the Mint Lift procedure over a traditional facelift?
- What is the procedure process, can you give a overview? Is it safe?
- Are there any risks?
- About how much does this cost?
Board certified Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Glenn Vallecillos, performs a wide variety of cosmetic procedures designed to assist patients in achieving their aesthetic ideals. Dr. Vallecillos appreciates the non-invasive benefits of procedures such as Botox and is considered a world-class expert in filler technique and laser surfacing. He is also a top-rated surgeon, performing facelifts, breast augmentations, Brazilian butt lifts, and more, and has appeared on CNN, Fox News, and Inside Edition.
Follow Dr. Glenn Vallecillos:
June 23, 2016
Dr. Deborah Sherman, Board Certified Ophthalmologist and fellowship trained Eye Plastic Surgeon and Founder of Sherman Aesthetic Center, located in Nashville, TN joins eHealth Radio & the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss how to give your face a healthy, natural look with wrinkle-busting treatments.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Deborah Sherman discuss the following:
- What types of wrinkles form and where do they occur on your face?
- What causes the different types of wrinkles and can you explain how the aging process plays a role in the formation of these bothersome wrinkles that make us look old and tired?
- Can you explain the treatment options for each type of wrinkle and what areas of the face respond best? Any prevention tips?
- With all of the treatment choices you just described, if I am 40, my face is starting to sag, and I see “11s” between my brows with some bags around my eyes, how do I know whether I need surgery or non-surgical treatments? Which one do I do first?
- How do I know that these advanced wrinkle-busting treatments will make me look youthful and natural, not “overdone” and artificial?
Dr. Deborah Sherman is not only board certified in ophthalmology, but she has advanced her professional education to the highest level of training in plastic surgery around the eyes. Since completing her oculoplastics fellowship in 1991, she has spent over twenty years performing thousands of cosmetic eyelid surgeries, perfecting her super-specialized skills. She recently studied in Europe with the top aesthetic physicians learning new nonsurgical techniques with new products that produce amazing results. Her specialized experience, seasoned expertise, and unique sense of artistry work together to produce the best results possible.
Dr. Sherman has further distinguished herself as a specialist whose practice is focused on cosmetic eyelid surgery and no downtime aesthetic procedures, such as Botox, Juvéderm and the Restylane family of advanced facial fillers as well as Kybella.
Dr Sherman has a reputation with both celebrities and soccer moms for creating a fresh and natural look. Many men also seek her expertise, wanting to look their best, as they know their face as their calling card. Dr. Sherman and her staff are committed to helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals while providing the highest quality of patient care.
Follow Sherman Aesthetic Center:
June 14, 2016
Dr. Sonita Sadio, a plastic surgeon known for helping clients avoid plastic surgery joins eHealth Radio and the Anti-Aging & Plastic Surgery Information Channels. She has two medical practices, Sub Rosa Private Aesthetics, a members-only anti-aging practice. And Tanager Private Aesthetics, which helps younger men stay younger and keep their hair.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Sonita Sadio discuss the following:
- Tell us about yourself. What is Sub Rosa and how did you get the idea?
- Is there anything wrong with aging? Why not just age graciously?
- What are the biggest mistakes women make when it comes to their anti-aging strategy?
- What about skincare? Is that important?
- What about men? Is this right for them too?
Dr. Sonita Sadio is a plastic surgeon. But with one crucial difference. She helps women and men avoid surgery. Her closed, members-only, practice is by referral only. She believes that less is more. That natural is beautiful. That gradual is powerful. Being ageless over time isn’t about procedures. It’s about a plan.
Her new, holistic philosophy has been featured in a number of publications, including DuJour, Allure, NYMag, Cosmopolitan, People, and Art Bodega. She has been interviewed as a thought-leader by a multi-national advertising agency for their research division for their dossier, The Truth About Aging.
After extensive training in plastic surgery at Harvard University and the Mayo Clinic, she was selected for a prestigious fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery at the New York & Ear Infirmary, where she trained under some of Manhattan's plastic surgery luminaries. She is an honors society graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine. She earned her undergraduate degree in literature at Yale College.
May 19, 2016
Dr. George Anterasian, a Board-Certified Surgeon Specialing in laser & light base skin & fat treatments based at Santa Monica Laser and Skin Care Center located in Santa Monica, California joins eHealth Radio and the Dermatology & Plastic Surgery Information Channels. Dr. Anterasian will discuss the non-invasive fat reduction and body shaping treatment SculpSure.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. George Anterasian discuss the following:
- What are your recommendations for someone who is seeking fat reduction and body shaping without surgery?
- What is SculpSure? What are reasons someone would undergo SculpSure?
- What is the SculpSure procedure like?
- What can someone expect after undergoing SculpSure, such as recovery and risks?
- What are other non-invasive fat reduction and body shaping treatments?
Dr. George Anterasian graduated Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude as an undergraduate from UCLA and is an Alpha Omega Alpha honors graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the University of California in San Diego, and he is board certified in the medical, surgical, and cosmetic treatment of conditions involving the face, head, and neck. He has over thirty years of experience in treating these conditions.
Dr. Anterasian is especially interested in non-surgical facial and body rejuvenation, including SculpSure, and laser and light based skin treatments. He has performed thousands of non-surgical facial and body rejuvenation procedures with consistently excellent results. Dr. Anterasian has been honored by selection to “America’s Top Surgeons” every year since 2008.
Dr. Amerian and Dr. Anterasian work together to develop a customized treatment plan for every patient. Our treatment plans utilize the most technologically advanced methods currently available. This ensures that our patients receive the optimum combination of treatment modalities and obtain the best possible results.
Social Media Links:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Please, leave a review.
May 14, 2016
Dr. Howard Heppe and Dr. Harold Bautista, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg located in Fredericksburg, Virginia again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. They discuss how you can get summer ready with liposuction or a tummy tuck.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guests Dr. Howard Heppe and Dr. Harold Bautista discuss the following:
- What are your recommendations for someone who is trying to get their body ready for summer?
- What is liposuction? What is a tummy tuck?
- What are reasons someone would choose liposuction over a tummy tuck or vice versa?
- What do the liposuction and tummy tuck procedures entail? What is recovery like?
- What are common concerns with liposuction and a tummy tuck?
A renowned plastic surgeon in Fredericksburg, Dr. Howard Heppe has traveled several times to Latin America on charity missions. He has given numerous presentations on topics of plastic surgery at medical conferences & throughout the United States and Canada, and has published several articles. He keeps abreast of new techniques of cosmetic surgery, attending national meetings. Dr. Heppe is a member of the American College of Surgeons and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and diplomat of the National Medical Examiners.
Dr. Harold Bautista is acting Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Mary Washington Hospital. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has recently proven his dedication to maintaining his knowledge base in his chosen specialty by passing a recertification examination given by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in April 2004. He joined the Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg in 1993 and has privileges at Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital and Spotsylvania Regional.
Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg only performs procedures that are proven to deliver the best results, which include breast augmentation, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, liposuction and facelift.
Social Media Links:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Please, leave a review.