Robert Glazer, CEO of ENT and Allergy Associates, the largest ear, nose and throat, allergy, audiology practice in the country, which consists of more than 200 physicians practicing in 42 office locations in the Tri-State area joins eHealth Radio and the Allergy & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Robert Glazer discuss the following:
- ENT and Allergy Associates is celebrating its 20th anniversary since its inception. Congratulations! What are a few major successes the practice has had in this time frame in terms of growth?
- What are the services that ENT and Allergy offers?
- What are the benefits of ENT and Allergy, and how does your organization differ from other competing practices in the country in terms of physician care, technology, and so forth?
- With October being "National Audiology Awareness Month" and "National Protect Your Hearing Month," what is one of the most important pieces of information that consumers should know regarding this topic?
- ENT and Allergy sees more than 80,000 patients per month and is expanding its geographic footprint in the Tri-State area. Can you tell us a little bit about these expansion plans/goals?
Mr. Glazer is responsible for the overall operation for ENT and Allergy Assoc., LLP and focuses his attention on physician recruitment, mergers and acquisitions and strategic planning of the organization. Mr. Glazer is an ad-hoc member of all Board Committees and reports directly to the President of the group. ENTA consists of 200 MDs with 43 locations in the NY/NJ metro region. Mr. Glazer joined ENT and Allergy Associates (ENTA) in December, 1997 and has over Forty (40) years of healthcare administrative experience in finance and operations, information technology, managed care contracting, mergers and acquisitions, physician recruitment and healthcare marketing. OASIS – Otolaryngology/Allergy Specialty Insurance Services , a self funded self insured Medical Malpractice Captive was formed by the partners at ENTA in 2008, Mr. Glazer serves as the Vice President/ Secretary of this Vermont domiciled insurance company. He has served on the Leadership Council as President - Association of Otolaryngology Administrators (AOA) and has participated on ad-hoc committees of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS). He is a Board Member of the Westchester County Association – a fortune 500 business think tank. Mr. Glazer is an Adjunct Professor at Pace University Graduate Program for Public Administration - Health Policy. In 2015, Fordham University appointed Mr. Glazer as Program Coordinator of their Healthcare Career Workshop Program. He is also on the visiting faculty for Iona College. In 2016, he was re- appointed to the NYS Ninth Judicial District BAR Grievance Committee for a four year term.
Prior to joining ENTA, Mr. Glazer worked as a hospital administrator at New York University Medical Center (1976-1985) where he was a Departmental Controller, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (1985-1993) where he served as the Treasurer, New York United Medical Center (1993-1996) where he was the Senior Director of Finance and Business Development. Mr. Glazer transitioned to physician practice management in 1996 where he was the Vice President of Administration for ProHealth Associates, a multi-specialty sports medicine practice in Long Island. Mr. Glazer has a BS in Business Administration from the State University of New York and a Masters in Public Administration – Health Care-New York University.