October 2, 2019
Deborah Tosline who wrote the book: Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care covering skin biology, skin care ingredients and advanced do-it-yourself cosmetic dermatology practices again joins eHealth Radio and the Beauty and Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Deborah Tosline discuss the following:
- What motivates your Do-It-Yourself skin care practice?
- What kind of waste is generated by the beauty industry?
- What do you suggest that others do to reduce their beauty product waste?
- What do you think it will take to change our current waste habits?
- How do you reduce beauty product waste?
Deborah Tosline’s education and work experience is in science, where hypotheses are tested through observation and experimentation. She has Bachelor of Science degrees in geology and in ecology. Her approach to skin care is based on that scientific background and a love of research.
Deborah has studied and practiced DIY skin care for over three decades, practiced facial exercise consistently from 2002, and taught a weekly facial exercise class for five years. She integrates skin rejuvenation into a lifelong healthy lifestyle and believes that integrative holistic health includes personal health, social well-being and environmental care.
Social Media Links:
September 4, 2019
Hugh Woodward, an expert on DHEA & the President of Health2Go that researches and develops leading edge anti-aging and wellness products and provides them to people conveniently and cost effectively again joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Supplement Channels to discuss the basics about DHEA and the ways DHEA strengthens the immune system and reduces risks of cancer of all types.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Hugh Woodward discuss the following:
- What is DHEA?
- Why is it so important to maintain healthy DHEA levels?
- I understand DHEA has many beneficial effects, share with us some of those.
- Can you explain how DHEA helps our skin health & skincare?
- Why use DHEA as an absorbable cream supplement rather than a pill?
- What is Twist 25 DHEA cream?
Hugh Woodward has a management degree and a Masters of Science in Health Administration. Hugh is a subject matter expert on DHEA having studied it for the past 14 years of his life studying the medical research about it, and starting a company to research, develop a safe effective DHEA supplement cream possible and distributing it.
In 2007 Mr. Woodward started Health2Go, Inc. to research and develop leading edge science based anti-aging and wellness products and bring them to customers conveniently and cost effectively. His father John Woodward a highly respected Medical Doctor invented Twist 25 DHEA cream.
Websites: twist25.com | store.twist25.com | blog.twist25.com
Social Media Links:
August 14, 2019
R&D chemist, Mark Salazar from Pura D’or joins eHealth Radio and the Hair Health Channel. The Pura D’or hair care line is driven by a desire to provide plant-based solutions for your toughest hair problems. Innovative formulas infused with premium organic oils and natural extracts combat hair thinning due to breakage, rejuvenate hair, strengthen strands, clarify, cleanse and repair all hair types. All Pura D’or products are free of harsh chemicals with no parabens or sulfates and are hypo-allergenic, color safe an gluten free.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Mark Salazar discuss the following:
- What is an R&D chemist for our listeners who are not familiar with your industry?
- Tell us a little bit about the Pura D’or line of hair care products?
- What are some of the main ingredients in your products and what are some of the main health benefits of some of these ingredients?
- For years, we used hair care products that were full of chemicals and preservatives that we now know are harmful. Are there some chemicals that we should look for on hair care labels and that we should try to avoid?
- Why is it important to have a healthy scalp and hair?
- Your products promote the appearance of stronger, thicker hair. What is in your products that makes hair look thicker?
PURA D’OR is driven by a desire to provide plant-based solutions to your toughest hair problems. Innovative formulas infused with premium organic oils and natural extracts combat hair thinning due to breakage, rejuvenate hair, strengthen strands, clarify, cleanse, and repair all hair types. PURA D’OR is best known for the fiercely loyal following of their 3 lines targeting all stages of hair thinning. Whether you are starting to experience hair thinning, or are looking for the ultimate results-driven solution, there is a PURA D’OR formula for you. All PURA D’OR products are free of harsh chemicals with no parabens or sulfates and are hypo-allergenic, color safe and gluten free.
August 10, 2019
Dr. Kevin Duplechain, a cosmetic surgeon serving the southern Louisiana area joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. With a reputation for exceptional care and stunning results, Dr. Duplechain has over 25 years of experience helping patients from all walks of life feel more comfortable and confident.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Kevin Duplechain discuss the following:
- Why don’t one-size-fits-all approaches to facial rejuvenation work?
- What considerations do you make when you’re developing a customized facelift surgical plan with your patients?
- In what ways might you customize a facelift to provide the best results for a patient?
- Can younger patients benefit from a facelift? How does the procedure differ for a younger patient?
- What other procedures or minimally invasive treatments do you sometimes include in a facelift plan?
Dr. Kevin Duplechain, MD FACS is a cosmetic surgeon serving the southern Louisiana area. With a reputation for exceptional care and stunning results, Dr. Duplechain has over 25 years of experience helping patients from all walks of life feel more comfortable and confident. As a diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, his services include facelift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, breast augmentation and tummy tuck, as well as minimally invasive treatments such as injectables, laser treatments, and hair restoration.
Dr. Duplechain’s professional accomplishments extend well beyond his Lafayette practice - these include:
- Owner and operator of the Laser SkinCare of Louisiana which offers a wide variety of laser treatments and nonsurgical options for the region.
- Co-founder and chief of staff of The Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, a private, physician-owned hospital offering the highest standard of patient care in a VIP, concierge-style facility.
- One of the Best Doctors in America® since 1996. Also selected as Top Doctor in Louisiana, and Best Plastic Surgeon in Acadiana by area newspaper The Times of Acadiana.
- Part of the national education faculty for Allergan injectables, and a national trainer for NeoGraft and Lumenis® Lasers.
- Honorary lifetime member of the Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons.
- Graduate summa cum laude from Louisiana State University, now serving as a volunteer instructor there as well as at Tulane University Medical Center
To learn more about Dr. Duplechain and his stellar medical team, request a consultation, or review patient testimonials, visit www.drduplechain.com, or follow his social media channels: Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
August 1, 2019
Megan Potter is an Australian qualified personal stylist, beauty therapist and makeup artist who has developed a range of cosmetics so good for your skin you don’t need to wash it off and joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Megan Potter discuss the following:
- Why did you decide to develop your own range of cosmetics?
- Aren’t there many natural mineral makeup products out there?
- How is your makeup good for skin?
- Tell me about what others are saying about your makeup?
- Can everyone use Megan Potter Cosmetics?
TIP: If you do want to clean your face at the end of the day, there is no need to purchase expensive cleaners and exfoliate. Cleans your skin with simple coconut oil and a face washer, I think you call it a wash cloth? I use three drops of my Refreshing facial oil once at night. My skin is still moist and ready for me to apply makeup without any additional moisturizers. You might need to apply 3 drops again in the morning if you live in a dry climate – I’m here in Queensland Australia which is sup-tropical!
Megan Potter is a qualified personal stylist, beauty therapist and makeup artist having styled clients in Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide Australia. Her career began as a beauty therapist and makeup artist over a decade ago in Adelaide, and her career took her to Dubai in 2008 for the International Beauty Expo. It was there that Megan helped to put Australia on the map as a mecca for quality mineral makeup.
Her aim has always been to help women look and feel good, whatever their budget. Restoring and growing confidence and self-love in her clients is Megan’s absolute passion.
All of Megan’s own brand of makeup and skincare are made using 100% natural ingredients, are of the highest purity, and made in Australia.
Social Media Links:
July 19, 2019
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS, joins eHealth Radio & the Plastic Surgery Information Channel again to talk about the subject of breast implant flipping and what patients should do if a revision is needed.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. S. Larry Schlesinger discuss the following:
- What causes a breast implant to flip?
- How common is it for an implant to rotate in the breast pocket?
- What should a patient look out for if they suspect their breast implant has flipped?
- How do you correct a flipped implant?
- What kind of results can a patient expect after revision surgery?
Dr. S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS, is a board certified plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of plastic surgery experience. After premedical studies at the University of Michigan and medical studies at the Medical College of Virginia, he served his surgical residency at Stanford University Medical Center and plastic surgery residency at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
He is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and an Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
Considered an authority in his field, Dr. Schlesinger has made many presentations to the plastic surgery community as well as published numerous articles on cosmetic plastic surgery techniques and procedures. In addition to his reputation for delivering beautiful results, Dr. Schlesinger is also known for his warm bedside manner. A recipient of the Vitals Patients' Choice and Compassionate Doctor Awards, he is one of 100 physicians in the nation named to the prestigious RealSelf 100 List, and has received the Hawaii Medical Association’s Physician of the Year for Community Service for the State of Hawaii.
Social Media Links:
June 3, 2019
Dr. Adam Singleton, a facial plastic surgeon located in Chevy Chase, Maryland discusses blepharoplasty, more commonly referred to as eyelid lifts as he joins eHealth Radio & the Plastic Surgery Information Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Adam Singleton discuss the following:
- What can patients expect from recovery? Length of time? Comfort level?
- Are there complications to consider before treatment?
- Can insurance cover the procedure?
- In terms of a cosmetic result, what can patients expect? How much younger will they look? Will scars be visible?
Dr. Singleton received his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder and a master’s degree in Bio-physiology from Georgetown University. Dr. Singleton then attended medical school at the George Washington University School of Medicine. He left the D.C. area and went to Tennessee for his medical residency at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, where he was trained extensively in Head and Neck Surgery. After medical school and residency, he furthered his surgical training with a highly competitive fellowship in cosmetic facial surgery in San Francisco, California.
He chose to specialize in facial plastic surgery because the face is the first thing people see and it makes a lasting impression. He loves helping patients improve their lives by changing how they look and feel with popular procedures like full and mini facelifts, rhinoplasty, and injectables.
Social Media Links:
May 18, 2019
Mellina Soheili, the Founder of OMM Collection Hair & Spa, a natural holistic “Farm to Beauty” approach joins eHealth Radio and the Beauty & Hair Health Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Mellina Soheili discuss the following:
- Tell us the inspiration behind OMM Collection.
- What makes OMM unique?
- What is so unique about OMM hair line?
- Is OMM hair a regimen?
- How is OMM hair & spa meeting current trends?
Summer hair care tip: Use thickening hair mask to moisturize hair or use it as leave in. Also add a drop of oil to hair mask to for richer treatment.
Ms. Soheili is a visionary leader who has been the force behind OMM Collection with years of experience in beauty industry. Strategic thinker with strong execution and follow-through. A dynamic and accomplished executive, and a strategic thinker with strong execution and follow-through, and passionate about winning and delighting consumers as well as diversity and sustainability.
Social Media LInks:
May 16, 2019
Dr. Brian Machida from STC Plastic Surgery in Ontario, California that offers a one-stop destination for his patients’ aesthetic needs and has performed thousands of facelifts and countless cosmetic procedures again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss the science and benefits of J Plasma.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Brian Machida discuss the following:
- Explain the science behind j-plasma – is it really able to tighten skin?
- How long do the results last? Is more than one treatment necessary?
- Compare this skin tightening procedure to other non-invasive treatments available – what are the advantages j-plasma can provide?
- Are treatment and recovery comfortable?
Dr. Machida has unparalleled experience as a facial plastic surgeon; he’s practiced medicine for almost 30 years and in that time, has performed over 6,000 facial rejuvenation procedures, including facelifts, neck lifts and eyelid restoring surgeries and 10,000 facial aesthetic and functional procedures such as nasal and ear surgeries.
He graduated summa cum laude with honors from the University of California, Berkeley and earned his medical degree from the University of Southern California (USC) School of Medicine in Los Angeles. Dr. Machida is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon.
Social Media Links:
April 6, 2019
Dr. Henry Wells, Plastic Surgeon and Founder of Wells Plastic Surgery and Skin Care in Lexington, Kentucky joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to talk to us about face and neck lifts using the SMAS technique.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Henry Wells discuss the following:
- How is the SMAS technique performed? What makes this technique superior?
- What makes someone a good candidate for a face/neck lift? Is there anything that would make someone a less than ideal candidate?
- What is the recovery process like?
- Are there side effects or complications?
- Are the results permanent?
Dr. Henry Wells has expertise in all areas of plastic and reconstructive surgery but now focuses exclusively on cosmetic procedures. Dr. Wells is especially well known for facial surgery. He is also known for the Mommy Makeover, which focuses on breast and abdominal surgery to bring back mothers’ more youthful contours. He also oversees Wells Skin Care Program, which is one of the few aesthetic programs in the area directed by an onsite plastic surgeon. Dr. Wells is a leading cosmetic surgeon in Lexington Ky.
Dr. Henry Wells graduated from the UNC-Chapel Hill. He received his medical degree from the University of Kentucky. He completed his plastic surgery training at the University of Missouri-Columbia and was an Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery. He returned to Kentucky in 1988 to open his private practice and to be near his family.
He has held leadership positions in the Fayette County Medical Society. He is part of the University of Kentucky Medical School Alumni Association and Dr. Wells maintains an interest in Graduate Medical Education. He has been on the board of the Susan Komen Foundation of Lexington, The Rolex Three Day Event as well as Past President of the Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Wells is an accomplished artist. He formally studied art in graduate school and considered becoming a medical illustrator. His studies took a different direction and he entered medical school. Now he translates his artistic talents into sculpting and enhancing the human body. This allows his patients to achieve their aesthetic objectives. Dr. Wells prides himself that his patients look natural and still look like themselves after surgery. They just look just younger and more refreshed.
Social Media Links: