Dr. Paul Chasan, Founder of Ranch & Coast Plastic Surgery in San Diego California, offering both surgical and non-invasive plastic surgery procedures joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss the benefits of reductive augmentation.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Paul Chasan discuss the following:
- I understand that reductive augmentation is a specialty of yours. What is the procedure and who is a good candidate for it.
- Is this procedure also good for women who do not have macromastia, a condition where the breasts become overly large?
- It seems counterintuitive to add implants during surgery to a woman who wants her breasts reduced in size, doesn’t it?
- How long does this procedure take and what is the recovery time.
- You have added several other procedures that are unique to your practice and very beneficial to patients…Accuvein and ultrasound guided nerve blocks. Tell us a little about these.
- What is the most important thing men and women can do to make a sound choice when choosing a plastic surgeon?
Dr. Paul Chasan, MD, FACS is considered a master surgeon in the field of cosmetic surgery. In fact, many of his patients are plastic surgeons themselves. Dr. Chasan has written many papers in peer reviewed journals, and he has innovated several surgical techniques. He regularly lectures to other plastic surgeons on the field of revisionary breast surgery for Allergan, the company that makes breast implants.
Dr. Chasan is double board-certified (plastic surgery and general surgery) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a diplomate of the American College of Surgeons and is on the medical staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, California.
Dr. Chasan graduated from UCLA with B. A. in Molecular Biology and went to medical school at Creighton University, graduating fourth in his class and magna cum laude. He was also inducted into the honor scholastic fraternity Alpha Omega Alpha. He did a full general surgery residency (five years) at the University of California at San Diego, followed by a plastic surgery residency at the University of Utah where he started the residents’ aesthetic clinic program.
Dr. Chasan is detail oriented and meticulous about his surgeries while being personable and understanding his clients’ desires and goals. As an innovator in surgery, he has developed techniques that have changed the procedure for the better. Dr. Chasan specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body, and also has additional experience in revisionary surgery.
Dr. Chasan has been featured on the Discovery Channel, E!, The Today Show and Extra.