Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & Al Pearson discuss the following:
- How do pecans stand out nutrition-wise from other nuts? What are the pecan's best nutrition aspects?
- Please discuss one or two unique culinary characteristics/qualities of pecans.
- What are some ways parents can include pecans in their children’s snacks/ meals for this nutritional boost?
- When is pecan harvest season?
- How can listeners purchase your pecans? [Listen for coupon code]
Al Pearson is the 4th generation owner of Pearson Farm, the oldest continually family owned peach farm in Georgia. At a young age, Al learned to navigate the farm. His father told him, “Son, if you're ever going to make any money, you're going to make it off of a tree.” The pruning of peaches and the shaking of pecan trees quickly became not only a job but a passion. Al has spent his life working peach and pecan trees, along with the next generation - his son Lawton. They pay very close attention to details to insure the consistent, repeatable, recognizable quality of their fruit and nuts. Al enjoys sharing what they do with others because they deliver something immensely personal….something that their customers eat and feed their family and friends.