Top 10 Ways Parents Can Help Their Children Get Fit and Create a Healthy and Supportive Home Environment for the Whole Family
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Thea Runyan discuss the following:
- How can a parent broach the topic of weight with a child or teen who is in the dangerous zone of obesity or nearing those levels without doing more damage?
- What are some of the most common mistakes parents make when they try to help their overweight children?
- What are some of the most common struggles and/or questions parents working with Kurbo have for your coaches when they have their weekly video chats?
- What are some of the most common complaints Kurbo "kids" have about their parents that they discuss with their Kurbo coaches?
- What are the top 3 things a parent can do to create a healthy, supportive home environment for a child/teen struggling with his/her weight?
Prior to joining Kurbo, Thea spent 12 years as the lead behavior coach for the Pediatric Weight Control Program at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University, where her expertise in this field has helped hundreds of kids, teens, and families manage weight and lead healthier lifestyles. Known as “The Stoplight Lady,” Thea writes about health and weight management on the Kurbo Health blog and heads up the coaching program for Kurbo. She’s been a frequent guest on TV and radio shows and speaks at childhood obesity conferences around the world.