Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & Marisa Teiner discuss the following:
- We understand the importance of eating organic foods, why should we consider organic skin care products?
- What are the benefits of using organic skin care products?
- What are your tips for reading labels to fully understand the ingredients included in products?
- What are some of your favorite organic products?
- Can you tell us more about why consumers shouldn’t consider products with DEET?
- Lots of companies claim to be natural or organic. What's different and what distinguishes organic from natural?
- Why is the USDA seal important?
Marisa Teiner, Nutritionist & Health Supportive Chef, has been in the wellness field for 15 years, providing health education and culinary nutrition for healthy living.
Marisa began her career from working as a teenager at health food stores to evolving into a nutritional professional and culinary spokesperson for premier spas including the Canyon Ranch and the Regency Health Spa in South Florida. Marisa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Cookery School in NYC. Marisa was the lead Nutritionist at the East Orange Child Development Center in East Orange, NJ and believes that introducing new foods early on is essential to establishing a lifetime of healthy eating habits. She was the Chairperson for Food Development and organized a monthly Menu Committee in which children were the focus groups.
She believes that you must look to the whole food traditions of our healthy ancestors, as well as, modern scientific studies. Her goal is to teach and inspire people to be healthy and happy. Her passion is to help others find balance and to achieve and sustain a healthy body, mind, spirit and lifestyle.
Outside of the kitchen, Marisa loves to hike, paddleboard and snowboard and is the proud mother of 2 wonderful children, Chace and Livia.