Joe Alfrey, CEO of Sencentric, which designs and manufactures products for real-time, end to end cold chain monitoring for the agricultural, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical industries joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels. The company has recently introduced a new product called SimpleSENCE, a Wifi-based Water Leak and Freeze Detector.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Joe Alfrey discuss the following:
- Tell us about the new product, SimpleSENCE. How does it work, and why did you invent it?
- Obviously, undetected water leaks can create severe water damage. But how can that affect your health?
- We’ve certainly heard about water damage causing mold. What other health-related issues can arise?
- If a leak goes undetected long enough, can it cause enough structural damage for a person to hurt themselves by, say, falling through a floor?
- If a leak is being caused by rusting pipes, can there be rust in the water – in other words, besides having a leak, could you also have a water-quality issue?
Summary: Most of us have experienced the nuisance and costs associated with leaky pipes. Believe it or not, a pipe that leaks just once every second every day, all day, would fill a gallon container in only four and a half hours. Now imagine if that leak went unnoticed for a long period of time – weeks or even months. The structural damage that can be caused by that leak can not only be expensive to repair but can actually be dangerous to your health. In fact, there are more health risks from undetected water leaks than you may realize. Water leak detectors – especially in areas of your home that are not readily visible or accessible – can catch leaks early and alleviate the costs, the inconvenience and, most importantly, the health risks associated with structural water damage in your home.
Joe Alfrey is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Sencentric, a company that designs and manufactures products for real-time, end to end cold chain monitoring for the agricultural, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. His company recently introduced a new product called SimpleSENCE, a WiFi-based Water Leak and Freeze Detector.
Mr. Alfrey has extensive experience providing financial and executive leadership in companies ranging from start-up to Fortune 500 enterprises that include Eli Lilly, Medtronic and CareFusion, with Controller and CFO roles at a number of venture-backed companies. He excels in strategy development/execution, M&A analysis and transactions, and capital raising and related activities.
Mr. Alfrey is a Certified Management Accountant. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics from the University of San Diego and a Masters Degree in Finance from San Diego State University.