Libby Baney, Executive Director of the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies, an international non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the safety of consumers online again joins eHealth Radio and the Pharmaceutical & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Libby Baney discuss the following:
- What is the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies?
- Why is the focus of your new campaign seniors and their caregivers?
- Can you give us some examples of what kinds of costs seniors are looking at?
- How prevalent are illegal online pharmacies?
- What are the risks associated with buying prescription drugs from illegal online pharmacies?How do people stay safe when shopping for medicines online?
- Earlier you mentioned to verify, if one is buying from a secure website to look to the right of the dot, what kind of protocol does a seller have to go through to own one of these kinds of websites for example a cvs.pharmacy?
Libby Baney is the Founder and Executive Director of the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies (ASOP Global), an international non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. In this capacity, Libby leads ASOP operations, shapes public policy, and advocates for increased international attention to the issue of illegal online drug sellers. Libby began working on Internet pharmacy issues in 2009 when she helped to launch a loose coalition, which grew into ASOP Global.
A lawyer by training and health advocate by nature, Libby is a prolific speaker and writer, regularly engaging with diverse audiences on issues at the intersection of Internet technology and healthcare. She leads strategic workshops and speaks on these issues worldwide; writes policy documents; and interacts with international corporate leaders and policymakers.
Libby’s work spans multiple continents, which has been covered by local, national and international media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Politico, Roll Call, The Hill, The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, The Washington Times, The Indianapolis Star, Inside Health Policy, Pharmacy Today, ABC News, CNN, and C-SPAN.
In addition to her work for ASOP, Libby is a Senior Director at FaegreBD Consulting and Counsel with Faegre Baker Daniels LLP where she works on Internet policy, intellectual property rights, pharmacy, telemedicine/telehealth, and pharmaceutical supply chain matters.