June 22, 2020
Dr. Casey Noreika of Clarity Clinic Chicago, a network of four outpatient facilities in the Greater Chicago area, that offer clinical psychiatry and therapy services joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Casey Noreika discuss the following:
- You treat people with a wide range of mental health conditions. What are the conditions you encounter most often?
- Your clinic in the Greater Chicago area has four locations. It's obviously successful. What sets it apart?
- What is your advice for how and when people should determine when they need to seek therapy or professional psychiatric help?
- What is the most common misconception about mental health care that you hear or read? How does that misconception prevent people from getting ahead?
- Nowadays, you hear many people describe themselves as anxious or struggling with anxiety. How have anxiety disorders become more prevalent than they were in the past?
- There are several mental health holidays/observances such as mental health awareness week, stress awareness month, etc. How important is it for people to recognize these observances?
- What are some tips to achieve/maintain optimal mental wellness?
Dr. Casey Noreika holds a Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology. She specializes in working with middle aged and older adults, including geriatric individuals. She has experience working with a variety of anxiety based disorders, as well as stress management, adjustment difficulties, and depression.
Social Media Links:
October 28, 2019
Rebecca DeLeon a licensed MFT providing individual, group and family therapy to young adults at OPI, a residential treatment program in Woodland Hills, California joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Rebecca DeLeon discuss the following:
- How does your program work with clients on the Autism Spectrum?
- Where does DBT fit into the work you do?
- What are some typical skills that would be of benefit to those with ASD?
- What are some basic skills that the everyday person can start to use without much knowledge of DBT?
- Can you share an example of a success story?
Rebecca DeLeon has been with OPI for almost 12 years. She has seen tremendous growth in the company and identifies with the core values of providing empathy, service, building trusting relationships and establishing growth with clients and team members.
Rebecca has been Intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and oversees the curriculum utilized in the skills groups. Rebecca provides basic DBT training to all OPI staff and provides weekly educational emails for both staff and parents of clients to inform them of skills being taught in the groups that week. She provides informed DBT to all OPI clients through skills groups and also utilizes DBT in individual sessions with her clients.
Social Media Links:
October 4, 2019
Rick Fair, President & CEO of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company working to develop innovative treatments for cancer that are more effective and safer than standard chemotherapy and radiation treatment joins eHealth Radio & the Cancer Information and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Rick Fair discuss the following:
- How does CAR-T cancer therapy compare to standard cancer treatments?
- What are some of the drawbacks to CAR-T Therapy?
- What is Bellicum doing to address these challenges?
- What should people keep in mind when thinking about cancer treatment?
Rick Fair is the President and CEO of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company working to develop innovative treatments for cancer that are more effective and safer than standard chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Prior to joining Bellicum, Mr. Fair served as the Senior Vice President, Head of Oncology Global Product Strategy at Genentech/Roche, where he led oncology product strategy and global commercialization. He also oversaw the global launch of five new cancer treatments, including TECENTRIQ®, the first immunotherapy approval for patients with advanced bladder cancer and contributed to a substantial expansion of investment into cancer immunotherapy and precision medicine.
Prior to Genentech, Mr. Fair spent nine years at Johnson & Johnson, where he held leadership roles in marketing, managed care and reimbursement strategy, and managed care customer management. Mr. Fair received his B.S. from the University of Michigan and his M.B.A. from Columbia Business School.
Social Media Links:
September 24, 2019
Dr. Yelena Deshko, ND, a general family practitioner and the Founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto and a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous vitamin therapy joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Yelena Deshko discuss the following:
- What is IV Vitamin therapy?
- Why would someone choose to opt for intravenous vitamins over oral supplements?
- What is the history behind the use of IV Vitamin therapy?
- What type of health conditions can benefit from this treatment?
- What should one look for when choosing a clinic or facility to receive IV Vitamin Drips?
Conclusion: Intravenous Vitamin Therapy is a safe and effective novel treatment for a variety of health conditions as well as optimization of overall wellness.
Dr. Yelena Deshko ND is a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous (IV) therapy in Toronto, Canada. She is a general family practitioner with a special interest in integrative oncology, anti-aging medicine, and hormonal health. Dr. Deshko combines traditional and conventional medicine in her practice, including acupuncture, botanical medicine as well as diet and lifestyle counseling. She is the founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto.
Social Media Links:
August 21, 2019
Avivit Fisher, a Marketing Coach and a Principal at REdD Strategy, an agency that helps therapists to launch and grow their private practices joins eHealth Radio and the Health Marketing Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Avivit Fisher discuss the following:
- Why did you decide to focus on a niche like therapists in private practice?
- What is the main problem with not marketing yourself as a therapist today?
- What does a clinician need to keep in mind when they are marketing their practice?
- How has people's beahvior change with respect to "shopping for a therapist" in the last few years?
- What are the first marketing steps you would recommend to take for someone who is launching a private practice?
Avivit Fisher is a Marketing Coach and a principal at REdD Strategy, an agency that helps therapists to launch and grow their private practices. Avivit believes that with the right marketing strategy therapists can reach more people who really need help. She helps her clients create and deliver a marketing message that connects and converts ideal clients.
Social Media Links:
June 18, 2019
Dr. Robert T. London is a well-known psychiatrist, educator, writer and a practitioner for 40 years joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health and Health News Channels. Dr. London is the founder and former head of the short-term psychotherapy unit at NYU Langone Medical Center, and a pioneer in consumer health care radio and TV programming. His new book is called: Find Freedom Fast: Short-Term Therapy That Works.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Robert T. London discuss the following:
- Why did you write this book?
- What is Short Term Therapy and who does it work for?
- How long is short term therapy supposed to last?
- What makes short term therapy different for other therapies?
- You talk about CBT - cognitive behavior therapy, what is it?
- How can a person be a good consumer of mental health care?
Dr. Robert T. London is a well-known psychiatrist, educator, and writer. A practitioner for 40 years, he is founder and former head of the short-term psychotherapy unit at NYU Langone Medical Center, and a pioneer in consumer health care radio and TV programming. His articles and columns appear in his own newspaper columns, as well as in leading medical journals and popular magazines, and he is a frequent source to national TV, radio, and print outlets. His new book is Find Freedom Fast: Short-Term Therapy That Works.
October 24, 2018
John Kim, known as The Angry Therapist online and co founder of JNRI coaching that trains and certifies life coaches joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Personal Development Channels. He has been documenting his story after his divorce and rebirth since 2011.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest John Kim discuss the following:
- Why do you call yourself the angry therapist?
- How did you develop your passion to redefine men?
- What's the difference between a therapist and a life coach?
- How does this connect to a healthy lifestyle?
After going through a divorce and a re-birth, John Kim started an online movement to change the way we change. He pulled the curtain back and practiced transparency which therapists are not supposed to do. He also helped people in unconventional ways. Met them at coffee shops, worked out with them, came in casual over clinical. He believes if we're going to talk about life, let's do life while we're talking and quickly built a devoted following of tens of thousands of fans who loved the frank and authentic insights that I freely shared on social media.
Social Media Links:
September 3, 2018
Lee Kraemer, Registered Psychotherapist with PRS Toronto that matches individuals and couples with therapists suited to their needs joins eHealth Radio and the Relationship & Psychotherapy Channels to discuss opening up on couples therapy.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Lee Kraemer discuss the following:
- What are some signs a couple should give couple's therapy a try?
- Is there a point in a relationship when therapy is not the answer, or that therapy is too late to initiate?
- What happens in a couples' therapy session? What should people expect?
- What are some techniques preferred for couples' therapy
- How long does couples therapy take?
- When do you know whether you should stay together or separate?
Lee Kraemer is a registered psychotherapist with the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) in Toronto and a member of the Canadian Association for Psychodynamic Therapy (CAPT). Her specialty is working with relationships; a few sessions can improve communication and deepen your understanding of each other.
Websites: www.prstoronto.com | www.leekraemer.ca
August 14, 2018
Dr. Jennifer Hicks from The Key Laser Institute in Portland, Oregon joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel to discuss hormonal therapy.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Jennifer Hicks discuss the following:
- What is hormonal therapy?
- What conditions can Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy treat?
- Who are the ideal patients for this procedure?
- BHRT has preventative benefits, can you explain these?
- Does this treatment have any side effects?
Dr. Jennifer Hicks is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and has been practicing since 2005. Her education and many years of experience have led her to understand the importance of a patient’s overall well-being and to view health from a holistic perspective. She currently serves as the BioTe and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy practitioner at Key Laser Institute.
She is especially passionate about helping her patients feel more confident in their bodies, gain more enjoyment from life, and have more energy! This passion creates a perfect atmosphere for the synergistic practice of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and aesthetic medicine. Dr. Hicks is passionate about life-long learning and educating patients about the role hormones play in their overall health.
When she’s away from the office, you can find Dr. Hicks tending to her garden, relaxing with a good book, or exploring the outdoors with her husband and two children.
Social Media Links:
February 28, 2018
Dr. Joseph Christiano, ND, CNC, CNHP, who is a naturopathic doctor, certified nutritional counselor and certified nutritional health professional joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel to talk about Stem Cell Therapy offering new hope for what plagues us.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Joseph Christiano discuss the following:
- Why do you characterize adult stem cell therapy and activators as a disruptive technology?
- What are the main advantages of stem cell therapy over conventional medical treatments?
- How does stem cell treatment work to heal chronic pain or degenerative illnesses?
- How should patients choose from the different types of therapies you describe in Stem Cell Revolution?
- When do you predict adult stem cell therapy will become mainstream?
Joseph Christiano, ND, CNC, CNHP, is a naturopathic doctor, certified nutritional counselor and certified nutritional health professional through Trinity College of Natural Health. “Dr. Joe” has spent more than 50 years both personally and professionally in natural health, including: exercise/diet, pain management, anti-aging and stem cell therapies and treatments.
He is president and founder of Body Redesigning by Joseph Christiano®, and best-selling author of Bloodtypes, Bodytypes and YOU, among others. His new book, Stem Cell Revolution, describes how stem cell therapies, treatments and activators are becoming game changers in the world of natural health.