May 2, 2020
Paula Ragan, the CEO of X4 Pharmaceuticals, a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company and a leader in the discovery and development of novel therapies with a focus on rare disease joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pharmaceutical Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Paula Ragan discuss the following:
- Can you tell us about your background? Where you're from, how you came to be interested in rare disease?
- What is the science behind CXCR4 and what role does it play in the functioning of the immune system?
- What is mavorixafor, what is its origin and how does it work? What clinical studies are your currently in?
- What is WHIM syndrome? How is someone generally diagnosed with the condition and how does your treatment help?
- You are also looking at mavorixafor as a treatment for certain cancers. What happens to the immune systems in these cancers and what is mavorixafor expected to do?
- Can you tell me about your current partnerships and collaborations?
Dr. Ragan has been X4’s President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the X4 Board of Directors since July 2014. She has more than 18 years of experience building companies in the biotechnology industry.
Prior to founding X4, Dr. Ragan consulted as Chief Business Officer at Lysosomal Therapeutics Inc., a private biopharmaceutical company, where she led the company’s business development activities.
Prior to that, Dr. Ragan held leadership roles in corporate development and operations at Genzyme Corporation, a Sanofi company, where she led strategic partnering efforts for Genzyme’s Rare Disease business and headed the supply chain planning for Genzyme’s flagship commercial products.
Other professional roles include business roles at Hydra Biosciences, Oscient Corporation and Celera Corporation. Dr. Ragan received her B.S. from Tufts University and her Ph.D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and completed post-doctoral studies at Harvard Medical School.
Social Media Links:
March 25, 2020
Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci the CEO and Founder of BEE & YOU, an innovative provider of natural BEE products again joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition & Health News Channel.
Dr. Samanci is a food scientist committed to creating natural and healthy products for the educated consumer & a pioneer to combine science and nature for safer, more effective natural bee products.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci discuss the following:
- I read your most recent press release about the Coronavirus diet. I found it very educational and informative in terms of prevention measures naturally? Can you explain to us what are the most critical natural supplements against this virus and other viruses?
- Do you think a vaccine can be developed against this disease?
- The Flu killed more than 14,000 people and 250,000 have already been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 26 million Americans have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms last year. Will these natural remedies be enough to prevent the flu, colds and coronavirus in a household?
- As a food scientist, what do you suggest people should prepare themselves for the coronavirus as it enters the USA?
Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci is the CEO and Founder of BEE & YOU, an innovative provider of natural BEE products.
A food scientist committed to creating natural and healthy products for the educated consumer, Dr. Samanci is a pioneer to combine science and nature for safer, more effective natural bee products. She created a business modal to contract the beekeepers to prevent bees from becoming extinct. This also allowed her to create and patent the Propolis in its healthiest, most natural and safe form. Her ultimate goal is to make Propolis a consistent product harvested from all the beehives available in the world and introduce the natural healing power of Anatolian Propolis to the world.
BEE & YOU products (Royal Jelly, Propolis, Pure Raw Honey) are antiviral, antibacterial and they are natural energy boosters. They are effective in fighting allergy symptoms naturally and they support the immune system. They are 100% natural; Gluten Free; Non-GMO; Pesticide Free; Free from additives & colorants & preservatives. Bee and you products have innovative taste options for kids and adults. And they are on sale at 3000 CVS stores nationally and at Amazon.
Social Media Links:
February 27, 2017
Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor again joins eHealth Radio and the Health News, Rare Diseases & Psychology Channels to discuss becoming a zebra; diagnosis and life with a rare disease.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Nikki Martinez discuss the following:
- You were working as a Health Psychologist before you became a strong advocate in the rare disease movement. What drew you to this area?
- What are some of the assumptions that are made in medicine that keep people with rare diseases from getting an accurate diagnosis early on?
- How many rare diseases are there that we know of at this point?
- What can people do to feel like they have support and a community?
- How can individual therapy help this person to deal with waiting to get diagnosed, getting diagnosed, and the ultimate changes that need to be made to their lives? Health Psychology is one of your specialities, how can someone reach you for help?
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois.
She is the Head of Clinical Development for www.DrNikkiMartinez.com, where she can be reached if you are interested in individual or couples work with her. She is an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, Everydaypowerblog, Older Dating, Success Stories, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor for the Chicago Tribune. She just published her first 8th book through Amazon.com.