January 11, 2017
John Gobbels, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President and transport expert for MedjetAssist, the premier global air-medical transport membership program for travelers which is a great supplement to travel insurance again joins eHealth Radio and the Travel Health Care Information Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest John Gobbels discuss the following:
- What is MedjetAssist, and how does it compare/contrast to basic travel insurance?
- What are some of the different kinds of Medjet memberships?
- With the recent attack in Germany, we are reminded that travel safety is very important. How would a Medjet membership benefit a traveler in Berlin at that time?
- As winter sports season has begun, would you recommend Medjet for skiers and snowboarders?
- Would Medjet cover snowbirds or students studying abroad who are away from home for an extended period of time?
John Gobbels brings over 25 years of pre-hospital and hospital service and management experience to his role as vice president and COO of MedjetAssist. Since joining the premier air-medical transport membership program in 2006 as director of transport operations, Mr. Gobbels has been responsible for complete oversight of all transport and repatriation operations.
Before moving from his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Medjet’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Mr. Gobbels spent 13 years with STAT MedEvac, the air ambulance arm of the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). During his tenure, he played integral roles in almost all aspects of the program, from base operations to communications and clinical operations.
For six years Mr. Gobbels served as clinical director of STAT MedEvac, overseeing compliance with the Commission on Air-Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), as well as the continuing education requirements for all clinical staff. Previously, he was a flight nurse and paramedic. Mr. Gobbels began his career with UPMC in 1991 as a critical care nurse.
John Gobbels holds a Masters degree in Management and Information Technology from Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA., as well as multiple degrees in health care.
Web Site: medjetassist.com
Social Media Links:
November 18, 2016
Lydia delRossi, Manager of Aiken Health Insurance Company since 2002. a full service Brokerage source joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare, and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Lydia delRossi discuss the following:
- What exactly is Non Obamacare Health Insurance and how does it differ from the plans offered on the Exchange?
- What made you focus on specializing in this type of coverage vs just going with the flow and enrolling people in Obamacare as most Health Insurance Brokers do?
- Can you give me an example of how these type plans would benefit a consumer if they had a hospital stay - or needed expensive nuclear testing like a CAT scan?
- What other resources can your company offer consumers so they can be more engaged in their own care and the health insurance process and save money?
Since 2002 Lydia delRossi of Aiken, SC has owned and manged Aiken Health Insurance - a full service Brokerage source for Nationwide Coverage - Private Carrier - Non-Obamacare PPO "Alternative Health Insurance Strategies". She has used her sales and marketing experience over the past 14 years to developed a source for consumers to understand alternative coverage options available to them as well as offering guidance and coverage options for them to consider for the more traditional Medicare Supp - Accident- Illness - Life Insurance and Disability plans available on the market. Aiken Health ONLY offers full nationwide accepted PPO plans.
She has successfully driven the growth and development of several start- up companies which have launched innovative new products into the marketplace. A staunch supporter and active member of the nationally acclaimed Toastmasters she is a frequent speaker at the Business School division of the University of South Carolina on marketing and business strategies and has had used her leadership abilities to define tools and resources for consumers to use which will significantly drop their out of pocket expense and help them find the best possible medical care - regardless of what type of Health Coverage they have - or even if they have no coverage at all.
The goal Lydia delRossi and Aiken Health are attaining is to give consumers the resources, tools and knowledge to help empower themselves in a rapidly changing Health Insurance and Health Care World.