March 29, 2019
Jani Tuomi, Co-Founder of Microdrop imaware™, a revolutionary new at-home testing platform for chronic illness including celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Jani Tuomi discuss the following:
- Tell us about Microdrop and imaware. How did the company first come to fruition and what is imaware?
- How does the laboratory testing work?
- You recently got validated by a very coveted scientific journal. Tell us why you decided to contact the journal and what this published paper means for the at-home testing community?
- What did the data prove?
- How does that compare to traditional laboratory testing someone would receive through their doctors?
- How is imaware different from any other competitors on the market and doesn’t this technology already exist?
- You currently test for rheumatoid arthritis and for celiac disease. Are you releasing any additional tests this year?
- Whom are the faces behind Microdrop besides yourself and who is supporting the imaware initiative?
- Where can one go for more information about the company or to get a home test kit and how much does the kit cost?
Jani Tuomi is the Co-Founder of Microdrop imaware™ at-home health testing. Jani Tuomi is part of founding team at imaware™, a revolutionary new at-home testing platform for chronic illness including celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
The imaware™ mission is to help reduce the number of individuals with undiagnosed illness through at-home testing. We utilize home-based small-volume blood collection, and micro-array lab-testing equipment with high sensitivity and specificity, to give consumers actionable reports and insights. Once aware of their conditions, patients can engage their doctors who can diagnose symptoms.
Websites: microdrop.health | imaware.health
Social Media Links:
April 30, 2018
Dr. Stacy Mitchell Doyle, Founder of FoodTherapyMD, that takes the concept of food as medicine to the next level joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Nutrition Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Stacy Mitchell Doyle discuss the following:
- Can you tell me a little bit about your business, FoodTherapyMD?
- What are the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet?
- What diseases have you seen specifically respond to a plant-based diet?
- Tell me about your "food prescriptions?"
- What are some steps that people can take to increase their intake of phytonutrients?
FoodTherapyMD is the brainchild of Dr. Stacy Mitchell Doyle, MD – or Dr. Stacy as she is known to her patients. After completing medical training and residency at UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Stacy obtained her board certification in Internal Medicine and set up private practice in Los Angeles. But after nearly two decades, Dr. Stacy realized that she was participating in a failing medical system, and she began to treat her patients using plant-based nutritional protocols. FoodTherapyMD takes the concept of food as medicine to the next level. Not only do they promote whole, plant-based diets for disease management and longevity, they recognize that phytonutrients, the things that make plant food so amazing, can be tailored to fight specific disease states.
Social Media Links:
April 20, 2018
Alicia Conner-Todd, Clinical Liaison & Director of Marketing at Tulsa Nursing Center & Villages at Southern Hills, part of StoneGate Senior Living, an award-winning senior housing and care company joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Senior Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Alicia Conner-Todd discuss the following:
- What is a chronic health issue?
- What does that term mean?
- How would this current cold weather impact a senior with chronic health issues?
- What are some best tips for keeping seniors healthy during this cold with chronic issues?
Alicia Conner-Todd is the Clinical Liaison & Director of Marketing at Tulsa Nursing Center & Villages at Southern Hills, part of the StoneGate Senior Living, an award-winning senior housing and care company. With a long-standing background in senior health care and rehabilitation management, Ms. Conner-Todd also brings professional experience in media and marketing to her role.
StoneGate Senior Living is an award-winning full-spectrum senior care and housing company with 44 properties across Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado. Recently ranked as the nation’s 31st largest transitional and long-term care company by Provider magazine, StoneGate is a fully-integrated post-acute health care company, with service-lines and business units that offer transitional care, long-term care, assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation, wellness, pharmacy, care navigation and post-acute analytical services.
Social Media Links:
March 7, 2017
Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor again joins eHealth Radio and the Chronic Illness, Health News & Psychology Channels to cover learning to live with a chronic illness.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Nikki Martinez discuss the following:
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned, and that you have tried to pass on to your patients about living with a chronic illness?
- Why do people have a tendency to blame themselves for their illness?
- You have discussed shifting expectations and goals. Tell me more about this.
- You also talk about the Hindu concept of "Mudita." How is this especially important to those with chronic illness?
- How can individual therapy be especially beneficial to individuals suffering with chronic illness? Health Psychology is one of your specialties. How can someone reach you for help?
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois.
She is the Head of Clinical Development for www.DrNikkiMartinez.com, where she can be reached if you are interested in individual or couples work with her. She is an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, Everydaypowerblog, Older Dating, Success Stories, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor for the Chicago Tribune. She just published her first 8th book through Amazon.com.
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.