December 19, 2016
Deborah Tosline who wrote the book: Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care again joins eHealth Radio and the Beauty and Skin Care Channels. The book summarizes the skin’s biologic processes, ingredients used in premium skin care and information about advanced do-it-yourself skin care methods using cosmeceuticals and cosmetic dermatology.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Deborah Tosline discuss the following:
- In your opinion, what skin care practices are the most beneficial yet the least practiced?
- How does massage benefit the skin and what types of massage are beneficial for skincare?
- Do facial exercises work and how do they affect the skin?
- What types of facial exercises are there?
- Why don’t more people massage their skin or practice facial exercise?
- How does someone begin a facial massage and exercise routine?
Deborah Tosline’s education and work experience is in science, where hypotheses are tested through observation and experiment. She has Bachelor of Science degrees in geology and in ecology. Her approach to skin care is based on that scientific background and a love of research. Deborah has studied and practiced DIY skin care for over three decades, practiced facial exercise consistently from 2002, and taught a weekly facial exercise class for five years. She integrates skin rejuvenation into a lifelong healthy lifestyle and believes that integrative holistic health includes personal health, social well-being and environmental care. Deborah loves to learn, listen, read, talk, research, write, live, dream and share information about integrative holistic health and lifestyles.
Social Media Links:
November 23, 2016
Debora Pokallus, Founder of Bel Essence, the natural skin care collection creating products based on a simple principle - nutrition for the skin joins eHealth Radio and the Skin Care & General Health Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Debora Pokallus discuss the following:
- Please tell us about Bel Essence and how Bel Essence differs from other skincare brands?
- Can you please discuss the development process of Bel Essence and what makes Bel Essence effective?
- What nutrients are important for our skin and how does the skin benefit from Bel Essence?
- Debora, who should be using Bel Essence and where is it available?
- Please tell us what we can look forward to from Bel Essence?
Bel Essence is a natural skin care collection with a difference. Other skin care companies extract elements and chemicals from nature and recombine them to create their formulas. Bel Essence combines natural and organic oils, just as nature herself manufactures them, that are the richest sources of vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, the essential components for healthy, youthful skin.
Bel Essence gives you what nature intended and selects and combines oils with the highest nutritional benefits to maximize your results without harmful chemicals and colorings. Natural oils combined to treat and nourish your type of skin giving you both instant improvement and long term transformation.
Social Media Links:
July 14, 2016
Greg Macpherson, CEO of MitoQ, developer of the first antioxidant formula able to penetrate mitochrondria joins eHealth Radio and the Anti-Aging & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Greg Macpherson discuss the following:
- What are mitochondria and when and why do they start to decline in function?
- This decline is intricately linked to the aging process and gets progressively worse, what are the visible and non-visible signs?
- Why is having lots of healthy functioning mitochrondria important to overall health?
- Researchers have linked over 200 health conditions to mitochondrial dysfunction. What are some of these conditions and how do the MitoQ supplements work to ease the symptoms?
- MitoQ also has developed a skin serum. How does that work and what are the results?
Greg Macpherson is Chief Executive Officer of MitoQ Ltd. He completed a Bachelor of Pharmacy at University of Otago School of Medicine in 1992.
Subsequently he has been owner and director of a number of start up businesses that include New Zealand’s largest residential care services pharmacy, NZ’s first robotic dispensing laboratory, a pharmaceutical wholesaling company and a software development company. He has been a partner and board member of a pharmacy chain associated with one of NZ’s leading retailers.
Currently he is a shareholder and director of Pharmacy Direct, NZ’s leading online pharmacy and is CEO at MitoQ Ltd.
July 2, 2016
Dr. David Rodwell, a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon located in Charleston, South Carolina again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel. He is the Founder of Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and is here to talk to us about facelifts.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. David Rodwell discuss the following:
- What is a facelift? How is a facelift different from a mini-facelift of midface lift?
- What is the best age for a facelift? How long does a facelift last?
- What does the facelift procedure and recovery entail?
- What other procedures can I combine with a facelift for a younger look?
- What are the potential side effects of a facelift?
Dr. David Rodwell is Board Certified to perform facial plastic surgery, focusing as a specialist exclusively within the face and neck. He combines his surgical technique and skill with the ability to intuitively understand the motivations of each patient and develop the sense of trust that serves as the foundation of a personalized approach to facial plastic surgery. Expertly trained with a wealth of experience, Dr. Rodwell had a clear focus for the type of practice that would provide patients with personalized service and consistently outstanding results. These principles were the reasons that Dr. Rodwell opened Charleston Facial Plastic Surgery and Charleston Sinus Center.
His undergraduate years were spent at Hampden-Sydney College where he graduated with honors. An interest in medicine and experience in surgical research at MUSC led to his enrollment at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, SC where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Rodwell then moved to Memphis to complete a surgical residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, where he personally performed over 3,000 surgical procedures and assisted on countless others.
Following the completion of his surgical residency, Dr. Rodwell was selected out
of a nationwide pool of applicants for one of the most coveted positions to work directly with Dr. Calvin M. Johnson, Jr. for a full year in a fellowship position sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Johnson is truly a leader in the field. He is considered one of the top facial plastic surgeons in the world and is widely recognized for his work as a pioneer of modern rhinoplasty techniques and a leading expert in facelift surgery.
June 23, 2016
Dr. Deborah Sherman, Board Certified Ophthalmologist and fellowship trained Eye Plastic Surgeon and Founder of Sherman Aesthetic Center, located in Nashville, TN joins eHealth Radio & the Plastic Surgery Information Channel to discuss how to give your face a healthy, natural look with wrinkle-busting treatments.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Deborah Sherman discuss the following:
- What types of wrinkles form and where do they occur on your face?
- What causes the different types of wrinkles and can you explain how the aging process plays a role in the formation of these bothersome wrinkles that make us look old and tired?
- Can you explain the treatment options for each type of wrinkle and what areas of the face respond best? Any prevention tips?
- With all of the treatment choices you just described, if I am 40, my face is starting to sag, and I see “11s” between my brows with some bags around my eyes, how do I know whether I need surgery or non-surgical treatments? Which one do I do first?
- How do I know that these advanced wrinkle-busting treatments will make me look youthful and natural, not “overdone” and artificial?
Dr. Deborah Sherman is not only board certified in ophthalmology, but she has advanced her professional education to the highest level of training in plastic surgery around the eyes. Since completing her oculoplastics fellowship in 1991, she has spent over twenty years performing thousands of cosmetic eyelid surgeries, perfecting her super-specialized skills. She recently studied in Europe with the top aesthetic physicians learning new nonsurgical techniques with new products that produce amazing results. Her specialized experience, seasoned expertise, and unique sense of artistry work together to produce the best results possible.
Dr. Sherman has further distinguished herself as a specialist whose practice is focused on cosmetic eyelid surgery and no downtime aesthetic procedures, such as Botox, Juvéderm and the Restylane family of advanced facial fillers as well as Kybella.
Dr Sherman has a reputation with both celebrities and soccer moms for creating a fresh and natural look. Many men also seek her expertise, wanting to look their best, as they know their face as their calling card. Dr. Sherman and her staff are committed to helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals while providing the highest quality of patient care.
Follow Sherman Aesthetic Center:
June 14, 2016
Dr. Sonita Sadio, a plastic surgeon known for helping clients avoid plastic surgery joins eHealth Radio and the Anti-Aging & Plastic Surgery Information Channels. She has two medical practices, Sub Rosa Private Aesthetics, a members-only anti-aging practice. And Tanager Private Aesthetics, which helps younger men stay younger and keep their hair.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Sonita Sadio discuss the following:
- Tell us about yourself. What is Sub Rosa and how did you get the idea?
- Is there anything wrong with aging? Why not just age graciously?
- What are the biggest mistakes women make when it comes to their anti-aging strategy?
- What about skincare? Is that important?
- What about men? Is this right for them too?
Dr. Sonita Sadio is a plastic surgeon. But with one crucial difference. She helps women and men avoid surgery. Her closed, members-only, practice is by referral only. She believes that less is more. That natural is beautiful. That gradual is powerful. Being ageless over time isn’t about procedures. It’s about a plan.
Her new, holistic philosophy has been featured in a number of publications, including DuJour, Allure, NYMag, Cosmopolitan, People, and Art Bodega. She has been interviewed as a thought-leader by a multi-national advertising agency for their research division for their dossier, The Truth About Aging.
After extensive training in plastic surgery at Harvard University and the Mayo Clinic, she was selected for a prestigious fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery at the New York & Ear Infirmary, where she trained under some of Manhattan's plastic surgery luminaries. She is an honors society graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine. She earned her undergraduate degree in literature at Yale College.
December 12, 2015
Gretchen Asher, CEO of BeFab Skin Care that formulates anti-aging skin care products for women over 40 joins eHealth Radio and the Anti-Aging & Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Gretchen Asher discuss the following:
- What is the dirty little secret of the skin care industry that women age 40+ need to know?
- How did you find out about this secret?
- Can you explain more about active ingredients and why they are important?
- What should women pay attention to regarding active ingredients?
- What can women do to educate themselves on what they need to look for in great anti-aging products?
I have had a fantastic 20+ year career as an external consultant in corporate America; helping companies improve their business operations and understand how to exceed customer demands. My corporate career has led to the launch of my baby, BeFab Skin Care; formulating anti-aging skin care products for women age 40+. A few years ago I became disheartened by the disappointing skin care products as I noticed my skin begin to show the symptoms of peri-menopause/menopause. The loss of firmness, wrinkles, dullness. I tried several dermotologist-promoted brands without results.
I thought it was my aging skin. It wasn’t until I had the opportunity to work with a team of formulation chemists to produce my own products, did I learn the dirty little secret of the skin care industry…that most brands skimp on the active ingredients by adding only trace amounts.
I am committed to providing products with the RIGHT active ingredients in the RIGHT concentration. I won't skimp on the good stuff and I share the concentration information of the active ingredients in BeFab products. I also provide free skin care and menopause education via video, radio and written blogs. For 20% off your first order, use discount code eHRadio just before order completion.
October 5, 2015
Vicky Jamieson, a Health and Well-Being Expert, specializing in anti-aging advice from the inside out joins eHealth Radio Anti-Aging, Beauty, Stress Management & Skin Care Channels.
Vicky is a highly qualified Beauty Therapist and Holistic Aromatherapist, with more than 25 years’ experience in the beauty, health and well-being industry and has managed her own successful salon and beauty therapy business for more than 20 years.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Vicky Jamieson discuss the following:
- So how can Stress make us look 10 years younger- I thought it made us older?
- What's your experience with this?
- So what's one of the best anti-ageing techniques you do to minimise lines?
- And what does your skin care routine look like, how long does it take?
- How do people usually work with you?
Vicky's passion stems from a time in her 20’s when she found she was always exhausted. Knowing that she was eating well and looking after herself, and being told by various doctors that she was just “working too hard” she was finally diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, and set about working on a mind, body, spirit angle to create lower stress levels and better health and well-being within herself.
Vicky also suffered from bouts of eczema and digestive issues and now empowers women to take charge of their skin through a totally holistic approach to their overall health and well-being, encouraging them to find balance, harmony and to work smarter, not harder.
Vicky provides personalised well-being and beauty consultations via Skype & in salon, online 30 day & 12 week programs and has expanded her business to offer workshops, articles in well-being magazines, interviews on Radio and speaking engagements on specialist health and well-being strategies for a better skin.
July 24, 2015
Kathy Heshelow, the the Founder of Sublime Beauty, an anti-aging skincare company and Sublime Beauty NATURALS, a company focusing on wellness and beauty again joins eHealth Radio and the Skin Care Health & Beauty Channels to talk about the health benefits of Oil Pulling.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Kathy Heshelow discuss the following:
- What is this mysterious thing called Oil Pulling? What’s it all about?
- Why would swishing oil help or work? Why not just brush our teeth?
- So it’s a kind of detox?
- So the benefits of Oil Pulling are less risk of disease and improved wellness?
- When should you Oil Pull?
- You mentioned during the 3 steps that we should use an organic oil. Why is that?
- Does your company offer oils for Oil Pulling?
- Any Caveats with Oil Pulling?
Kathy Heshelow is the the Founder of Sublime Beauty, an anti-aging skincare company and Sublime Beauty NATURALS, a company focusing on wellness and beauty. Kathy is also a published author and lived in Paris, France for 16 years. She brings international and holistic approaches to care of skin and body, with such practices as Skin Brushing, Oil Pulling, Aromatherapy plus a French-inspired approach to anti-aging skincare.
Website: www.SublimeBeautyNATURALS.com | www.Oil-Pulling.com
July 14, 2015
Marie Bertrand, the President and Owner of Skin Science, a clinic that provides unbiased, ethical and science based skin care recommendations for both women and men joins eHealth Radio and the Anti-Aging & Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Marie Bertrand discuss the following:
- Your career began in cancer research in Washington D.C. at the National Cancer Institute and you made the switch to educating others about skin care. What motivated that switch?
- As the founder of Skin Science, What does it mean to be a ‘Skin Scientist’? What makes Skin Science different?
- There are so many anti-aging products on the market. What would you recommend and why? When should people start using anti-aging products?
- We hear a lot about stem cell research and skincare lately. Tell us about how stem cell research has come into skincare?
- Many individuals do not know the severity of protecting your skin from the sun before a significant amount of damage is already made to their skin. What are the best services or products for people with sun damaged skin?
Marie Bertrand, a microbiologist and skin scientist, has worked for many years in the cosmetic industry to develop and teach training sessions on skincare and dermatology. In 2007, Marie founded SkinScience Clinic to bring a new vision to skincare in Canada. Marie develops integrated skincare routines customized to meet the unique needs of her patients. SkinScience offers ethical and unbiased recommendations; develops skincare regimes based on scientific facts, sound clinical studies, and measurable results; and provides on-going support and education for all customers.