Michael Coffee is Chief Business Officer at MediciNova Inc., a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring and developing treatments for conditions with unmet needs, ranging from asthma to drug addiction joins eHealth Radio and the Asthma Information Channel.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Michael Coffee discuss the following:
- Your company is working on a treatment called MN-221 for severe, or advanced exacerbations of asthma. Why is severe asthma still an unmet need?
- How much money does an average asthma-related hospital stay cost?
- When is an advanced ex-acerbation of asthma most likely to occur, and who is most likely to suffer from this?
- Can MN-221 work in patients with advanced COPD?
- Meth addiction is a very serious public health problem. Can you explain how the other compound you are working on, ibudilast, might help prevent relapses in meth users?
Michael Coffee is Chief Business Officer of MediciNova. He previously was Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. from May 2009 to February 2010. From February 2005 to May 2009, Mr. Coffee was Chief Business Officer of Avigen, Inc., which was acquired by MediciNova in December 2009.
Prior to joining Avigen, Mr. Coffee co-founded the Alekta Group, LLC, a consulting firm, in 2004 to provide a comprehensive range of pharmaceutical development consulting services to emerging pharmaceutical companies.
From 2001 to 2004 Mr. Coffee served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Amarin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the U.S. drug development and marketing subsidiary of Amarin Corporation PLC. Mr. Coffee also served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Elan Pharmaceuticals, North America from 1998 to 2001 and held marketing and executive management positions, including President and Chief Operating Officer, of Athena Neurosciences, Inc. between 1991 and 1998.
Mr. Coffee received a B.S. in biology from Siena College and an Advanced Management degree from Amos Tuck School of Business.
Related Web Site: www.medicinova.com