"You're Not Finished Yet", because you came from an alcoholic or dysfunctional family! Dr. Karen E. Herrick who has shared clinical expertise for 24 years in her private practice and by lecturing throughout the United States on dysfunctional and addictive homes joins eHealth Radio to discuss why you're not finished yet.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Karen E. Herrick discuss the following:
- What is an alcoholic or dysfunctional family?
- What are the roles and characteristics that the children usually take on in these families?
- What are the stages of recovery an adult usually makes to mature coming from an alcoholic or dysfunctional family?
- What are the basic problems that you face out in the world when you come from an alcoholic or dysfunctional family?
- How long does it typically take to recover from living in such a home and what does recovery look like?
Rev. Karen E. Herrick, PhD, LCSW, LMSW, CADC, has shared her clinical expertise for twenty-four years in her private practice by lecturing throughout the United States on dysfunctional and addictive homes, dissociation, grief and loss. Karen was ordained in 1995. Her ministry is to be actively involved in Spiritual Psychology specifically in naming spiritual experiences. Her book You’re Not Finished Yet is available through Amazon.com, Authorhouse.com and on Kindle. She is available for private therapy in her office, on Skype and FaceTime. She can be reached at www.karenherrick.com and 732 530-8513.
Note: The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the show host or it's owners.