Dr. Gus Spatharakis, who owns and operates two Advanced Health and Wellness Clinics in the Chicago area joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Pain Management Channels. Dr. Gus and his team use the methods of Applied Kinesiology to help patients suffering from health issues feel good again.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Gus Spatharakis discuss the following:
- Applied Kinesiology (AK) is a new term for most of our listeners, can you explain what AK is and what are some of the methods behind your treatment?
- What type of diseases or disorders do you most commonly treat?
- How do you assess new patients or go about uncovering what you described as underlying causes of pain?
- What results have you seen in your patients?
- In your mind, what are the most common misconceptions about Holistic/alternative health treatments?
- What advice would you give folks about their everyday health choices?
Dr. Gus J. Spatharakis D.C. was born in Crete, Greece in 1968. He and his family immigrated to the United States in December of 1975 and proudly became United States citizens in 1981. Dr. Spatharakis attended Loyola University of Chicago where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in 1995. He obtained his Doctorate of Chiropractic at the National College of Chiropractic in April of 1999. During his time at the National College of Chiropractic, he served as Sergeant of Arms at the esteemed Sigma Phi Kappa fraternity. He was a founding member, president, and instructor of the Applied Kinesiology Club on the NCC campus.
Upon graduation he was awarded the honor of Clinician of His Class, the highest honor that can be bestowed upon interns for their clinical skills, work ethic, and compassion toward their patients. Dr. Spatharakis’ post-graduation education has taken him all over the country where he has amassed over 1400 hours of Basic Applied Kinesiology courses. He has learned from several instructors including founding members George J. Goodheart, David Leaf, Louis Boven, Al Zatkin, and has been personally mentored by Daniel H. Duffy Sr., one of the true legends of Chiropractic.
Before finding his passion in health care through Applied Kinesiology, Dr. Spatharakis spent eleven years studying Eastern philosophy through the martial art aspect, achieving a third-degree black belt in eight different styles, and assisting in the training of hundreds of students. Dr. Spatharakis is an active supporter of a number of worthy charitable organizations including the Rape Victim Advocate Group of Chicago, Muscular Dystrophy, and the Jerry Lewis Foundation.