Dr. Elliot Hirsch, a board certified plastic surgeon who practices the full spectrum of plastic and reconstructive surgery, specializing in both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery including breast reconstruction, breast reduction, and breast implant removal and revision joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Information and Plastic Surgery Information Channels.
- The FDA has discovered a rare form of cancer that is linked to textured silicone breast implants called (breast implant-associated / ALCL) BIA-ALCL (breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma). Can you explain to our listeners more about this discovery?
- A rare cancer of the immune system that has had devastating effects on women, many of whom had reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. What are their options?
- Can you explain to our listeners what the traditional (standard) method for a reconstruction surgery? What are the negative side effects of this method?
- Dr. Hirsch, you are one of the only surgeons in LA that is currently offering a new cutting edge method to patients, can you explain what it is and walk us through the steps?
- What are the benefits of this new method? Why is this method better for the patients?
- You treat patients from all over the country at your practice in Los Angeles, can you tell us about the other services that you offer?
Dr. Elliot Hirsch is a board certified plastic surgeon who practices the full spectrum of plastic and reconstructive surgery, specializing in both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery including breast reconstruction, breast reduction, and breast implant removal and revision. Dr. Hirsch’s primary office is in Sherman Oaks, and treats patients from not only Los Angeles but from all over California and beyond.
Dr. Hirsch grew up in Westlake Village, Los Angeles and attended the prestigious Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland where he graduated with Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa honors, and also received the Kurt P. Richter award for outstanding research in the field of Behavioral Biology. After his undergraduate studies, Dr. Hirsch returned to Southern California for medical school at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, where he graduated with the highest distinction and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society as well as the Order of Arete.
Dr. Hirsch completed his integrated plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at the prestigious Northwestern Memorial Hospital program in Chicago, Illinois where he received several awards for his research and teaching.
Since entering medical school, Dr. Hirsch has been an active researcher in the field of plastic surgery and has co-authored over 40 manuscripts and book chapters, and has received several grants for original research projects and holds patents for wound care devices. Dr. Hirsch is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Click here to review Dr. Hirsch’s CV and Publications.
For more information on Dr. Hirsch, please visit www.hirschplasticsurgery.com.