Lauren Finkelstein, Founder & Director of Save 1 Person, with a mission to save or dramatically improve a person's life who's in need of a medical miracle through the power of the media joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Lauren Finkelstein discuss the following:
- For the benefit of our listeners, please give us an overview of Save 1 Person.
- What inspired you to launch Save 1 Person?
- Why is it important to be an organ donor?
- What are some recent or current campaigns involving Save 1 Person?
- What are your long-terms goals for Save 1 Person?
Lauren Finkelstein started Save 1 Person's global media campaign in 2002. Save 1 Person's mission is to create massive awareness for people in need of living organ donors in order to save countless lives. Save 1 Person's alerts appear weekly on TV, Radio, Internet, and many publications. The news breaks ask the public to save that life featured, whether being a living organ donor or getting tested as a bone marrow donor.
Previously, Lauren served as a Senior Promotion Producer at Court TV and she's worked for various TV networks including WABC, WNBC, CNBC, King World and MTV. Laurenalso spent one year learning about the nonprofit world at the Wexner Heritage Foundation.Lauren holds her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Miami and majored in Telecommunications and Drama.