Cliff Cavanaugh, Founder and Chief Technology Officer at Healthjump, a company committed to making health data accessible to both patients and providers joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Cliff Cavanaugh discuss the following:
- What is a true health data record and why is it necessary for providers and patients?
- We know that medical errors are sometimes an unfortunate reality in healthcare and healthcare organizations do their best to make sure that medical errors do not occur. What are three ways healthcare organizations can help prevent medical errors from occurring?
- Is this health data record the same as a patient portal?
- How can patients help their doctors and ultimately themselves, to make sure their medical records are correct?
- What should healthcare organizations be doing to ensure patients’ medical health records are correct? What obstacles do they face?
Cliff Cavanaugh is a developer turned entrepreneur working in computer sciences since 1999, and has focused exclusively on Digital Health since 2005. Currently he is CTO and Founder of Healthjump, a company with the mission of making the health record available to all members of the care continuum.
Cliff also co-founded DataTrade Solutions, a provider of Health IT services to thousands of providers via health systems and practices across the United States. DataTrade Solutions was acquired by Healthjump in 2015. He is a member of the RAPID Informatics Work Group of FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health and has assisted the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid in the development of Clinical Quality Measures for Meaningful Use stage 3. Cliff's public speaking experience includes presentations on health data and analytics at NextGen user conferences, and the Yale Healthcare Conference.