How the Right Data Analytics Will Improve Your Health System’s Bottom Line and Your Patients’ Choices
Russ Cobb, President and GM of Blackbaud Healthcare Solutions, providing unparalleled data analytics and solutions for healthcare systems such as hospitals and their foundations joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Russ Cobb discuss the following:
- We seem to be in a constant state of change in the healthcare industry and that change is typically focused on how individuals will access and receive healthcare. Can you talk about how the interaction with consumers has changed for healthcare providers?
- What are the most important factors when it comes to understanding consumers, patients and their needs?
- It seems as though consumer choice and an enhanced understanding of the population are the two big factors for healthcare administrators to understand. Can you explain how new technology is impacting the industry in these two areas?
- While patient care is a very hyper- individualized experience, often healthcare marketing is anything but. Can you talk about how healthcare organizations can take a more personalized approach to their outreach efforts and what benefit this shift has for patients?
- Should hospital administrators use analytics for any other departments?
As the President and GM of Blackbaud Healthcare, Russ Cobb oversees the overall business strategy and company sales, healthcare marketing and partner ecosystem development. His team includes the sales and marketing of cloud-based and on premise solutions specifically beneficial for the healthcare market. Focusing on healthcare executives and facility’s philanthropic foundations, Blackbaud offers solutions that allow these entities to increase revenue, reduce costs and enhance and increase constituent relationships.
Prior to joining Blackbaud, Russ was in various executive marketing roles at Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, including Vice President of global marketing & communications. He also held marketing, sales and professional services roles with Siemens Healthcare and with IBM where he was part of the Websphere Business Integration team. With vast experience in sales, marketing and management, he brings a wealth of healthcare market knowledge and forward thinking solutions.
Russ has a Master of Business Administration degree from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.