Dr. Suzanne Goh, Chief Medical Officer for MitoMedical, a US manufacturer of all natural supplements and leads her own practice in San Diego California joins eHealth Radio and the Autistic Syndrome Information & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Suzanne Goh discuss the following:
- During your career as a physician what was the one event that has inspired you and shaped the work that you do?
- For those of us who are not doctors what is mitochondria and how does it relate to autism?
- What brought Michelle and her son to your office and how did you help them?
- Tell us more about your work with these therapies. What kinds of changes have you seen in children with autism?
- How does this kind of therapy fit in with other therapies that a child with autism might be getting? For any parents or family members who might be listening and interested in getting the best treatment for their child, can you give them any advice?
- What tips can you offer parents that may be in a similar situation with a child that is on the spectrum, what should they do to give their child the best chance at living a normal life?
Dr. Suzanne Goh M.D. MBA., is the chief medical officer for MitoMedical, an all natural dietary supplements manufacturer that identifies state-of-the-art practices to use towards the development of effective products that support healthy mitochondrial function.
Dr. Goh is a board-certified pediatric neurologist with expertise in the evaluation and treatment of children with autism and other neurological conditions that impact brain development, cognition, and behavior. Before establishing Pediatric Neurology Therapeutics, her practice in San Diego California in 2013, Dr. Goh served as co-director of the Columbia University Developmental Neuropsychiatry Clinic for Autism and Related Disorders in New York City.
She is a Rhodes Scholar and a graduate of Harvard Medical School. Dr. Goh has collaborated with the world-renowned developmental psychologist Dr. Marion Blank to create ASD Language, a series of programs to teach meaningful language and communication to children with autism and other developmental disorders. She is also co-author of the book Spectacular Bond: Reaching the Child with Autism.