William Ellis, Executive Director of the Board of Pharmacy Specialties® in Washington, D.C. that recently announced approval of Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy as its twelfth specialty certification joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pharmaceutical Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest William Ellis discuss the following:
- Can you tell our listeners about BPS?
- What is the mission of BPS?
- How many pharmacists are currently BPS board certified?
- What sets BPS board certified pharmacists apart from other pharmacists?
- I understand BPS recently announced that Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy is your 12th specialty. What led to that decision?
- What's next for BPS and board certified pharmacists?
William M. Ellis MS, RPh was named Executive Director of BPS in 2011. From 1997-2011, Mr. Ellis served as CEO and Executive Director of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation. He was the Executive Vice President for the Pennsylvania Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists from 1986-1997.
Mr. Ellis also served as the elected Chair of the Council on Credentialing in Pharmacy (CCP) from 2012-2015. In 2014, he was appointed as a commissioner to the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and served as the NCAA Chairman from 2016-2017.
After receiving his pharmacy degree from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP), where Mr. Ellis currently serves as the Chair of the College’s Board of Visitors, he completed an executive residency with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) in 1986 and earned his Master of Science degree in health education from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia in 1994.
Social Media Links: