Hugh McGillivray, a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist at Modern Health Solutions Counselling in Okanagan, BC, Canada who specializes in Depression, Anxiety, Relationships and ADHD joins eHealth Radio on the Mental Health Channel.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Hugh McGillivray discuss the following:
- What made you choose therapy as a career?
- What does "Cognitive Behavioral" mean and how does it work in therapy?
- What sets you apart as a therapist?
- In your experience are there any common problems that cross all mental health issues?
- You've stated elsewhere that you practice a very practical brand of therapy. Can you tell us a bit more about that?
- Are there mental health issues that you do not treat?
- Can you give the listeners a couple of ways generally to improve their mental health?
- Do you have any tips for listeners who are concerned with mental health?
About Hugh McGillivray
Generalist. Focus is on Depression, Anxiety, Loss and Grief, Relationships, Careers, Family, ADHD.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: the relationship between thought and behavior. Family Systems: the dynamics of relationship. Person Centered: Your world, your needs.
Hugh has a wealth of personal experience which includes alcohol, the loss of my kids' mother, single parenting, ADHD, as well as work on the ocean, in the bush, in restaurants, hotels and in a small corporate enterprise.
Map on to that Hugh's training as a professional counsellor at a noted College here in Kelowna, and his Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and you have someone who knows what you are going through, and what to do about it.
His goals are to provide a service to the community which promotes health and understanding through skilled communication; to provide and disseminate useful information to people seeking it; and to do my part to initiate and motivate dialogue about mental health.
Related Web Site: www.modhealth.org